Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Swapped out my problematic gl wagon motor for a lower mileage one that I had resealed last year; took off all the air conditioning parts in the engine bay and put on dl alternator brackets.

Could be time for a new project now that the 88 gl wagon and 87 gl 3-door are running well.

IMG_20110619_210345.jpg

me and roommate drove to BFE to cannibalize a 98 OBW. He got the scoopy hood, I got the outback limited wheels and front brakes. He was jealous of my sexy brakes so we went to Pick N Pull and got him some big brakes too! My tires are too big for the wrx shocks so I won't be upgrading the brakes until I get me some smaller 15" tires for my ob rims (currently on 14"s that wont fit over the twin-pots

my wheels look like these

http://www.cheapusedcarsbyowner.com/detail/1998-Subaru-Legacy-Outback-Limited-Wagon-4D-CDHURUHaUCRHaCDRUDsa.html

Decided that after the 42 was removed from the Garage (see non-soob cars discussion area) I needed to clean it up for a Subaru :banana:

After 6 hours of cranking Pandora in Ned and lots of trips up to the 7-11 for refills on Soda (cranking tunes and pissing people off with the cherrybomb)...

Ned owns the garage again :D Its how it should be! :grin:

Owningthegarageagain.jpg

I want to wire in my lonely fog light (other got smashed) in behind the grill kinda as a third eye, or buy another set and mount them below the bumper :banana:

FOGS!

IMG_20110620_192504.jpg

I didn't like them that far apart so I moved them inside one more predrilled hole ( those bolts that hold the bumper skin on sure are good for stuff! Even EJ, my dog agreed!

IMG_20110621_074545.jpg

IMG_20110620_213931.jpg

some "yard" shots

IMG_20110621_074435.jpg

IMG_20110621_074457.jpg

IMG_20110621_074526.jpg

Edited by Ricearu

FOGS!

IMG_20110620_192504.jpg

I didn't like them that far apart so I moved them inside one more predrilled hole ( those bolts that hold the bumper skin on sure are good for stuff! Even EJ, my dog agreed!

IMG_20110621_074545.jpg

:lol: our cars are a lot a like, I got the hellas though. I wanted to mount mine lower, but couldn't due to me liking to drift into snow banks during the winter

2-20.jpg

Now you need some sick mudflaps.

P.S. I have a fish named EJ. :grin:

:lol: our cars are a lot a like, I got the hellas though. I wanted to mount mine lower, but couldn't due to me liking to drift into snow banks during the winter

2-20.jpg

Now you need some sick mudflaps.

P.S. I have a fish named EJ. :grin:

Your Leggy is pretty sick.

I like the black one too :) and the dogs named EJ? Awesome :banana:

Your Leggy is pretty sick.

I like the black one too :) and the dogs named EJ? Awesome :banana:

Thanks! I really don't have much time into it so far, just a five speed swap and hellas along with the mud flaps, soon to come wrx struts (have just not installed) and bigger brakes off form a newer outback!

Thanks! I really don't have much time into it so far, just a five speed swap and hellas along with the mud flaps, soon to come wrx struts (have just not installed) and bigger brakes off form a newer outback!

Do you have a build thread or just keeping us updated here?

Thats still a lot further than I would be with a Leggy right now... but it really is neat, nice job! :banana:

RUweber09.jpg?t=1308781948

umm, that is all wrong. my blue arrow is pointing to what? a filter? that line needs to cross over and tie into the left head breather hose, and also t into the pcv.

there is a diagram on here of pcv flow, and that head needs air being pulled out of it circulating to the left head....please look it up.

if you dont do it rightm you will possibly blow the motor up as others have done when not doing this correctly.

Went up to my preferred neck of the woods to grab my 1981 BRAT finally and ended up with a 1980 1600 Wagon as well that I had to buy to ensure getting the BRAT (price was too good to pass regardless). Then had to get them to the property and that took 2 days, a trailer, and tow truck. BRAT has no hydraulics but is an EA81 with D/r that I gotta put the disty back in and supposed blown head on the 80 (didn't have time nor battery to play, will have to wait til I go back up at the end of summer to grab the BRAT). Pics-

scanned003.jpgscanned005.jpgGen1BRAT007.jpg

Gen1BRAT011.jpgGen1BRAT010.jpgGen1BRAT013.jpg

Sleeping beauties waiting for my return

Gen1BRAT014.jpg

Edited by newsoobdude

RUweber09.jpg?t=1308781948

umm, that is all wrong. my blue arrow is pointing to what? a filter? that line needs to cross over and tie into the left head breather hose, and also t into the pcv.

there is a diagram on here of pcv flow, and that head needs air being pulled out of it circulating to the left head....please look it up.

if you dont do it rightm you will possibly blow the motor up as others have done when not doing this correctly.

??

The way I have it is a traditional "open PCV" routing. People have been doing this since PCV systems have been on cars.

The PCV valve draws from the drivers side.

Passenger side provides a filtered air source.

Unless you have some undeniable proof that this will cause a problem, I will continue to run it this way.