Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I cant wait, Ill be very interested to see how you can do that. It looks sick.. Im assuming youll have night and visibility shots right?

Considering you had to have help putting in your HID's, you will NOT be able to do this. I dont think anyone will want to do what I did to get this to work :-\ This may be a one off job, as it was extremely labor intensive and I went thru 3 lenses for the drivers side.

I dont have any night shots yet, but its your typical projector pattern.

I didnt need help. Guy said they were plug and play and I said sweet, installation was an extra $25 bucks and I was like, nah, but then he ordered the wrong kit so he said hed install them for free, so I said sure. Ive done 5 since then on a couple of other cars. Its pretty easy.

Looks like a cool install though...

I didnt need help. Guy said they were plug and play and I said sweet, installation was an extra $25 bucks and I was like, nah, but then he ordered the wrong kit so he said hed install them for free, so I said sure. Ive done 5 since then on a couple of other cars. Its pretty easy.

Looks like a cool install though...

Now I understand, with the added info.

Like I said, I will do a write up soon.

Theres more to it then it looks.

I've been sniping the freakin chipmunks that keep on trying to invade it! I used expanded metal to block off the heaters intake, but they keep finding a way in to the car (and my other cars). little bastards. I've gotten over a dozen within the last month

I've been sniping the freakin chipmunks that keep on trying to invade it! I used expanded metal to block off the heaters intake, but they keep finding a way in to the car (and my other cars). little bastards. I've gotten over a dozen within the last month

How long do your cars sit.

I plan on doing a write up soon.

Lenses.jpg

Looks good! My guess is a projector set up in your originals, looking forward to that write up...Ive already stripped the 4 light set up off a dl to go Hella's but im not sure ill like the looks.

How long do your cars sit.

my 84 GL (aka Krusty) gets driven probably 1-2 times a week.

my Baja moves every day. my other cars get driven at random...and 2 mustangs that are rodents' section8 housing.

I know mothballs work...but smell terrible. cedar works okayish, but my wife's allergic...so I just keep huntin' em and block off their entrances:-\

I'll be picking her up later today and driving her home.. :banana:

well i picked her up and drove her home..besides the exhaust leak,speedo bouncing (had rough idea how fast i was going..lol) and throttle cable/or linkage sticking a bit (didn't effect driving,just idled high when clutched or in N) she drove awesome.no shakes or pulling.i think bearing need greasing,notice a little bit of a squeak (braking didn't effect it but speed did)

didn't realized she didn't come without power steering..i got so used to every vehicle i've driven having it..i'm looking and was like..wth,no power steering pump..lol

oh,it must have sat for a bit,i looked in the dash vents and noticed bedding for some varmint..that'll have to get pulled out real soon..

well i picked her up and drove her home..besides the exhaust leak,speedo bouncing (had rough idea how fast i was going..lol) and throttle cable/or linkage sticking a bit (didn't effect driving,just idled high when clutched or in N) she drove awesome.no shakes or pulling.i think bearing need greasing,notice a little bit of a squeak (braking didn't effect it but speed did)

didn't realized she didn't come without power steering..i got so used to every vehicle i've driven having it..i'm looking and was like..wth,no power steering pump..lol

oh,it must have sat for a bit,i looked in the dash vents and noticed bedding for some varmint..that'll have to get pulled out real soon..

Lol, same here just this afternoon. Drove for the most part absolutely fine the entire 25mi ride to her new home (including a stint on the highway @ 70!), but I'm fairly certain I'm in for replacing both front hubs bearings. Made a rather interesting growly noise at speeds above 35mph and hubs were HOT when I stopped.

This could be a rather long response.

In my three weeks of ownership...

-replaced exhaust manifold gaskets

-found and replaced missing 4wd vacuum line

-replaced passenger front spindle/bearings

-replaced windshield

-replaced passenger mirror

-replaced 2 rusty and bent wheels to allow rotation

-cleaned inside/outside

-removed hacked up radio wiring/rewired in factory plug

-replaced hacked up front door panels

-replaced front speakers

-opened master window switch to clean and reset all contact points

-installed factory radio and tape deck

-replaced blower motor resistor

-re-soldered contacts on dash clock

-plugs/wires/air filter/fuel filter/pcv/cap and rotor/set timing

-replaced right taillight, removed hacked trailer wiring

-removed hacked keyless entry/wrapped wiring

-greased front pads/shims

-replaced rear drums and shoes

-flushed and bled brake system

-replaced EGR/purge solenoids and added plug 'n play extension harness to hopefully prolong life and replaced vacuum lines with longer ones

-replaced muffler

I think there are some odds and ends, but that's about it.

Took the PandaWagon on a cruise on the highway to find any quirks that need attention before the trip to WCSS.

6021120312_4594c1d0f2_d.jpg

Filled up just before going home - half the tank hot rod city driving and the other half cruising the highway: 24 mpg. We'll see how the car does going to WCSS.

Noticed the vacuum gauge sits at ~12 in/Hg at 75mph - the same as my other wagon with the SPFI EA82 at 55mph.:eek:

past due for axel replacement. took a little longer to get the right parts. but got it done.

thank you rpholz for your help. now if i could just find that picture of you sitting in front of the fan....lol.

dropped the strut towers from the top. a BFH and 2X4. to push the axel through and get the new ones installed. all is well.

now about those noisey lifters:rolleyes:. and yes i had to remove the left corner maker light to replace the axels........:lol:!

at least this time rpholz...aka...ryan. no guy on a bicycle pulling that dude in a wheel chair with a case of beer. hell i say...lmao!!!

post-17377-136027649361_thumb.jpg

post-17377-136027649369_thumb.jpg

post-17377-136027649375_thumb.jpg

post-17377-136027649379_thumb.jpg

post-17377-136027649384_thumb.jpg

Edited by dragonfire
spelling....again

Finally had the exhaust break repaired on my '95 Legacy wagon, and then removed the rattling heat shields on my headers. The car is so quiet now and actually has low end torque.

Also cleaned my ABS sensor so the ABS actually works and the damn ABS light went away on the dash.

Also cleaned my ABS sensor so the ABS actually works and the damn ABS light went away on the dash.

Aww man my ABS light has been on since I got this car from the last owner in May turns out the right rear sensor is bad.. so looking at the replacement it seems like the right rear is the one that costs the most.. figures..

it's like $126 or so

Aww man my ABS light has been on since I got this car from the last owner in May turns out the right rear sensor is bad.. so looking at the replacement it seems like the right rear is the one that costs the most.. figures..

it's like $126 or so

Thats why I eliminated all the ABS crap on mine and pulled the bulb. ABS is garbage, it keeps you from controlling the vehicle in split second decisions in winter etc, I like being able to lock the wheels up to reposition my self.