Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

zukiru,

What time frame mustang did you get those coilovers off of and is the strut EA82? I want to drop the rear of the PandaWagon, but I am having a difficult time finding a good set of coilovers that won't feel like blown air struts.

The "artist formally known as Ginger" looks nice!

Got lots of road dust in aftermarket taillight.

Removed from car, popped out bulbs, drilled a few more holes in strategic locations, sprayed in lots of water, dumped out lots of water, sprayed with lots of air. Currently drying above space heater.

Will reinstall in morning.

Edited by midkiff333
misspelling

Went out and had some fun with Ned... right off the bat I snagged a rock... Got stuck, backed it up, got stuck, so just floored it... whatever it stuck on dragged the rock about a foot or two out of its hole.

IMG_0015.jpg

May not look steep, but it was pretty steep ;) stock height obviously

IMG_0016.jpg

Due to the amount of rain and puddles, theres the maximum amount of Mud the accumulated on him :(

IMG_0017.jpg

Went to the p'n'p and raped the bejeebus out of two fresh Loyale's. Kinda had some competition going on, a father and his teenage daughter were snagging parts to fix up her Soob :-p They got the good fenders off both of 'em as well as the only good hood :banghead: S'okay though, from the number of body panels they were going after I figure her wagon must've been in pretty dinged up shape.

I snagged and installed:

almost mint condition front buckets and rear bench seat, complete with good cargo carpeting.....

a new un-busted third brake light...

replacement rear spray nozzle for my painted over one (idiot P.O...)....

complete trip computer with all boxes and harnesses! (hopefully will work)....

un-cracked grille, all three bottom studs intact....

lift struts for the tailgate that work even in the cold!.....

hacked out the radio harness, as Mr. ************e Mechanic P.O. had basically destroyed mine all the way back up into the dash....

and a few other little interior odds'n'ends.

Tomorrow is ball joint day prior to getting tryptophan poisoning from Fat Stupid Bird Day.

Hats off, well done on the center cyclops light. You and myself, are the rare ones I know of who actually have the oem relay for it, and such. Nice.

I actually bought a $700 parts BRAT strictly to get the entire setup from switch to relay, to light, just so I could have one complete. Then i stripped the BRAT and sold it as a running thing.

More rapery of the two fresh-kills in the local p'n'p netted me:

-good to great condition door cards front and rear.

-a working digital clock (finally, 3d times a charm).

-uncracked/scraped tail lights.

The replacement of all the stuff the P.O.'s pitbull pup chewed on is coming along quite nicely :clap:

The complete trip computer assembly is a no-go, I just don't have the resolve to hack into the wiring etc enough to make it work. It did, oddly, come out of an '85 wagon with analog dash, which AFAIK the trip comp should only have been in the digi-dash Soobs??? Anyhoo, if anyone wants it it's theirs.

Ive just been enjoying my GL!

Yesterday I took the hound dog out for a hike.

Pretty cool time of the year, all of the Tamarack's are starting to turn color. :burnout:

RUspringvalley.jpg

I know I have said this before, but I love your wagon.

As for me I put my ea81 up for the winter, and have been doing body work to my other one. I also have been working on my standalone on the brat trying to get that running!

Made a 270+ round trip down to 86subaru's (Jim Wood's) place to get some parts that I have been ((_SLOWLY_) paying for for over 2 years.

Gots lots of headlights now... Hoping I really don't need to replace that many sets.......... :eek: Got 5 sets o'lights.

Lot's of other items too. Filled up the Chevy HHR...

Need to take another trip down to grab what he has left of the EA82 parts.

I'm happy to finally close the deal we made.

He's happy to have a bit more space around his place.