Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

So this 6 lug thing, is it just as simple as taking the hub off lining up two of the holes and then marking 2 others? Then of course just drilling and having tires balanced and mounted?

yes and no...it's pretty easy to align where the holes need to be. drilling them "true" without a drill press is tricky. the real problem lies, IMO, with machining the seats for the stud heads on the backside of the hub.

I attempted to do it, but the first one wasn't excatly flat, and I took out more material than I would like, from the surrounding area.

if this area is not true, the integrity of both the stud, and the hub is definitely compromised.

I took the easy route, and took my hubs and studs to a machinist and had them do it. the holes and the machined surfaces came out perfect.

well worth the $100 to have a machine shop do it. but that's just me

Just started the 79brat and 80brat, let them run till hot drove around a little, then shut them down. Its so nice to be able to let a subee set around for 6 months and drop in a battery turn the key and boom they start like they are the daily driver, love them little brats..............Cheers G.

Just started the 79brat and 80brat, let them run till hot drove around a little, then shut them down. Its so nice to be able to let a subee set around for 6 months and drop in a battery turn the key and boom they start like they are the daily driver, love them little brats..............Cheers G.

This is what makes Subaru,:D:clap: Subaru

Just failed inspection! w00t! A big red rejected sticker is better than my out of state half torn off inspection! At least for 30 days anyway :) Then it's off to the "How much do *YOU* want.....to put a sticker on this car" guy....;)

There's always a way to get a sticker... It's all about who you know .

ok- I'm all straightened out now!

Got genuine Subaru wheel bearings/seals for all four corners of my little car today! This weekend I will finally get that drumming fixed.

I also have some ignition components on the way and the little GL should run like a sewing machine... a leaky sewing machine!

Edited by PadreScout

I went out and sat in it and later went and worked on the motor I'm putting together for it. I'll post pics after another day working on it because I got a few parts delivered today.

Colorado 1987 GL 5 speed DR carbed wagon. I parked it after the previous owner didn't get the crank pulley tight enough and it slipped without comming off, blew a head gasket. 180,000 miles white with blue interior, GL 10 seats.

New mid pipe and muffler, clutch, tires, motor.

Doug

I Obtained all the Parts Needed to do the Electric Fan Conversion on my BumbleBeast!

includes the Electric Fan itself, New Relay + Socket, Wiring, Two new Male~Female Sockets, New Lower Temp ThermoSwitch, etc...

Now, I just need Time (This Weekend maybe) to assemble the Puzzle...

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

I would like to see this when done!

I Obtained all the Parts Needed to do the Electric Fan Conversion on my BumbleBeast!

includes the Electric Fan itself, New Relay + Socket, Wiring, Two new Male~Female Sockets, New Lower Temp ThermoSwitch, etc...

Now, I just need Time (This Weekend maybe) to assemble the Puzzle...

Kind Regards.

Took my 1988 EA82 SPFI Wagon and did the following:

New seals, new HG's, new clutch, new heater core, new radiator, new NGK plugs and wires, K&N air and oil filters, full set of new relays, new flasher, and cleaned the thing inside and out... :banana:

I'll try to dig up a picture.

the wife's 03 H6 OBW has had an intermittent noise. I never heard it, but from reading about common problems, I changed the bearings in the serp belt idler ans tenioner pulleys. The old bearings felt rough, but the pulleys were running true.

Anyway, she said the noise was still coming back. Worse on cold mornings. More reading led me to suspect the power steering. It did seem a little noisy to me on one test so, I found info online about the system possibly sucking in air at the top connection on the pump that comes from the reservoir. Today I pulled that off, slapped some dielectric grease on the o-ring and around the circumference of the hose-end and reinstalled. Then i lift the front wheels and exercised the wheels lock-to-lock many times. Then, I started the car (carefully, in park with the e-brake well-set) and exercised the wheels l-to-l again. The system did seem to change, very subtle but maybe it's better than before. I then went and showered, letting it sit for a while, went back, did the l-to-l business again.

hope she doesn't hear the sound again. dunno what to do now!

I took my Brat on its first (long) journey; to Snoqualmie. :D

She handled fine all the way up.

Had a blast snowboarding with my friends, deffinately need to do it more often.

And she brought us home just fine.

:clap:

It was a fun day.

The dude parked next to us was like "whats that little cutout thing on the side?" After I explained the step for the bed and talking more, the guy was legitamately stoked about my car. :D

Edited by 6 Star