Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

The arm and blade are both off from a honda pilot, I have the part numbers if anyone is interested.

Yes, do tell. :popcorn:

Had a bling light and tail light blow on me tonight, WTF Legacy!? :rolleyes: these bulbs are only a year old.

My sister's GL does the same thing with the front forward facing marker light - lasts 3 months at the most.

Edited by subynut

I did something for my wife's 2006 Legacy Wagon: I bought her some company ! My own 2005 Outabck Wagon... His & hers Subies ...

IMG_0551.jpg

My other vehicle is a 2003 Xterra off-road "enhanced"

IMG_0397.jpg

For the Subaru:

I polished the headlights. Pulled out the heater core that was half blocked by debris, cleaned it out reinstalled everything and put in a cabin air filter. The heater is now operating great ! A must for us in the great white North !

Edited by frankspinz

Yes, do tell. :popcorn:

76740-S9V-A01 from the honda dealer. I also have heard of getting them off line. I don't know the price yet, as I ordered it through work, and we haven't gotten the bill yet think it's right around $30 for the arm and blade ;) Much better than my rusty worn out one with no spring tension.

drug home a $400 special... WHOO HOO! :grin:

P.O. Hit something on the passenger side and trashed the fender, control arm and strut. I thought she was a flipper, but my wife likes it better than the forester (i can see it in her eyes... :-\) It must be the sunroof... Forester soon to be for sale! :rolleyes:

IMAG0164.jpg

Also overheated my legacy. Driving home from work, pulled into day care and heard it boiling. I let it cool and checked the water and it was full. guess my thermostat is stuck, or my cheap water pump broke...

Edited by Ricearu

I put a honda part on mine today :hide: But it is one of the best upgrades I've done, I can see out my rear hatch for the fist time in bad weather! The arm and blade are both off from a honda pilot, I have the part numbers if anyone is interested.

3-38.jpg

another pic

2-44.jpg

I will give you my left arm for that spoiler! that is sweet.

76740-S9V-A01 from the honda dealer. I also have heard of getting them off line. I don't know the price yet, as I ordered it through work, and we haven't gotten the bill yet think it's right around $30 for the arm and blade ;) Much better than my rusty worn out one with no spring tension.

Thanks, now to see if it will fit my GL.:brow:

I think this is the next cheap thing for TW10. Need to run out to the Junkyard anyhow. Maybe I'll find yet another arm that also fits onto the spline.

Edited by TheLoyale

I cut up one for a second gen, and then screwed it on. I couldn't use and of the factory mounts and had to cut them off, I know a guy that used sticky tape to hold it on, but it blew off going down the highway, so I decided that this was a better option. :D5.jpg

Thanks, now to see if it will fit my GL.:brow:

I don't know if they will or not. Depends if the arm is strait, you may have issues if they are curved like the ones on my ea81's I've been looking for an alternative to those as well.

Edited by 1982gl4

I took the passenger side steering knuckle over to GD's place so he could drive out the old bearings, (I beat the crud out of them last night and got no-where)

Now that the old bearings are out, it's on to parts cleaning, painting, then start reassembling everything.

Not having to depend on the car as a daily driver, it gives me time to do little extras here and there that I’d normally not be able to do.

I replaced the rather cracked turbo turbine housing on my EA-81T.

Boost was getting a little sluggish and was accompanied by what I thought was a death rattle at idle.

I thought for sure the rotating parts were beating themselves to death as they are wont to do.

Much to my surprise,upon removal and inspection,they were OK and went back in.

Rattle must have been the wastegate flopping around somehow as it is nice and quiet now w/the new housing.

Boost is back the way it should be-Woo-Hoo!

Back to being a stoplight sleeper.0f127b39.jpg

Edited by naru

Put some miles on the SVX today, I'm up to 10mi since the resurrection.

Had to replace the MAF on it last week, it would only run for 5sec then shut down :-\ The Select Monitor borrowed from capt_r allowed me to track that problem down, thanks Abe!

On the search for a MT EJ starter for my RX now.