Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Does the hatch door in the rear still open with the rustoleum? I've been debating ways to keep the hinges active as I want to put bed liner in. Different product, but similar concept.

The EA81 chassis does not have the smugglers hatch like the EA82. But I was planning on coating the EA82 as well, and I think this Rust-oleum stuff would work just fine for that. I used it on my Swing arm for the rear bumper with no issues.

Fixed the brakes in my 89. pass. side shoes were hanging up and wore down to nothing and parts were just hanging out in the drum. got everything cleaned up and working right. And washed it. Fired up my 91 loyale and took it on a trip to the parts store. hadn"t been started for 3 months< and fired right up on the first crank.

New water pump on Ben

Also new;

-Dist cap

-rotor

-NGK plugs

-NGK wires (they look awesome in there)

-fuel filter

-checked timing

-mobil 1 oil change +

-mobil 1 filter

-air filter

Ben is now running top notch. 82,000 miles and strong as an ox. :banana:

The EA81 chassis does not have the smugglers hatch like the EA82. But I was planning on coating the EA82 as well, and I think this Rust-oleum stuff would work just fine for that. I used it on my Swing arm for the rear bumper with no issues.

D'oh, I forgot about the EA81 lacking the hatch. The rest is good to learn, thank you!

I tore into the left rear brake Saturday. (1992 Loyale.) It turns out the shoe hold-down pin on the leading shoe rusted off, and the noises were due to the shoe cocking and rubbing on the inside face of the drum. It was fun to get off, had to undo the other pin, then it all came off.

$20 for a new set of brake hardware. Dear old Canuck Tire were the only ones that listed it, so here comes another 2 weeks with funky brakes....

Had Brat graphics installed by Pooparu. He did great job on the custom "Boss 302" style look I asked him to do.

Painted my Peugeot rims, mounted 195/75/14 BFG A/Ts to them. Still gotta crank up the stock height up to give a little more lift.

418220_3050690900535_1061115580_32468722_5522818_n.jpg

Had Brat graphics installed by Pooparu. He did great job on the custom "Boss 302" style look I asked him to do.

Painted my Peugeot rims, mounted 195/75/14 BFG A/Ts to them. Still gotta crank up the stock height up to give a little more lift.

Hey ummmm. if you ever want to sell your wheels, I am down. Cause those look sexy! are those the 15" peugots?

Wow! Those look amazing painted like that!

Yes, I just masked the "spokes" They are the 14" turbine style Pugs. When I got them, they were very rough. I just took a scotch pad and some fine sandpaper for the rougher spots, cleaned em good, primed with a self etching primer, and the paint I used was Exterior Trim paint by SEH, as its a "hardier" paint.

The unpainted one below is in AWESOME shape. I have two like this I bought from a Peugeot guy who bought them from a dealership in the 80s, and used for 1 winter. The 5 I painted were the rough ones...

422174_3029679695268_1061115580_32459201_1583775200_n.jpg

Yes, I just masked the "spokes" They are the 14" turbine style Pugs. When I got them, they were very rough. I just took a scotch pad and some fine sandpaper for the rougher spots, cleaned em good, primed with a self etching primer, and the paint I used was Exterior Trim paint by SEH, as its a "hardier" paint.

The unpainted one below is in AWESOME shape. I have two like this I bought from a Peugeot guy who bought them from a dealership in the 80s, and used for 1 winter. The 5 I painted were the rough ones...

422174_3029679695268_1061115580_32459201_1583775200_n.jpg

so sexy. great idea. what kinda tape did you use to mask them? I will definitely be stealing this idea if/when i get those wheels :):headbang:

Just masking tape, then an exacto knife to trim. Worked great. Thanks for the "Like" lol. The rims were so rough, I was trying to think of cheap ideas to make them better, and painting black is a popular choice these days. I just didnt like the the idea of all black, it takes away the detail.

It took one "test rim" and I was 100% commited :grin:

Swapped crank pulleys in the PandaWagon.

Out with the old:

6981250519_2bb9122ee0.jpg

Old pulley by subynut, on Flickr

In with the new:

6981251099_efe57de18e.jpg

New Pulley by subynut, on Flickr

It has improved acceleration, but the computer has a harder time stabilizing the idle on cold start-up. Considering how the engine responded to the crank pulley, I may not get a lightened flywheel when I switch to a Legacy tranny.