Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

You are only going to be removing a very fine .100 of an inch to make the boot slip over. It shouldn't hurt it any, but remember, they are gonna be hardend steel, and might be hard to grid.

I supposed if I had no other option, I would also go that route.

so then my two options are to "A" cut the metal ring to wiggle it on, or "B" sand the surface down a bit so it slides on with ease?

Just finished up more exploratory rewiring.. Hooking the battery up immediately started the fuel pump.. mm varnish. Guess that answers the new mystery fusable link. Poked at it some more and for the first time since I bought it, I now have hi/low beams and dash lights!

Need to sort out the flashers and turn signals.. showing at the dash so theres progress at least. Putting the push button starter back to turnkey next. Gotta love 4am inspiration ^^

during garage clean out i took a break and did a GAS CAP MOD!!!! now my loyale tops out at 140 =). seriously tho, 1st gen lego gascap (unlooseable) on my lifted wagon. I love it when a silly idea works (thanx Sam). i had to persuade the top of the recessed area a little to allow it to fold in properly, but its good now.

during garage clean out i took a break and did a GAS CAP MOD!!!! now my loyale tops out at 140 =). seriously tho, 1st gen lego gascap (unlooseable) on my lifted wagon. I love it when a silly idea works (thanx Sam). i had to persuade the top of the recessed area a little to allow it to fold in properly, but its good now.

140 what? MPH?...

Sold guidos old engine and trans today. Threw away some other junk and garbage i had lying around in the car. I also started cleaning off the old pinstripe to prepair to paint the car. I identified on what mick was talking about with the exhaust. Yea its going to need a new y pipe. Oh and i discovered the new ea81 has a pretty messed up oil pan. It got crushed pretty good at some point. Can you change these out while the motor is in the car.