Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I know Im not the first to do it, but Im excited for it :headbang:

LoyaleSteeringWheel.jpg

Loyale steering wheel in Ned (1986 Subaru GL sedan)

Next stuff to do:

Now that the horn should work (need one more part from Junkyard) HELLA SUPERTONES!

Nissan Alternator

205/60/13 tires on my Jackmans

New brake rotors and pads

HID Projectors

Headgasket

Then Ned will be good until I figure out bigger, better plans :brow:

I know Im not the first to do it, but Im excited for it :headbang:

LoyaleSteeringWheel.jpg

Loyale steering wheel in Ned (1986 Subaru GL sedan)

Next stuff to do:

Now that the horn should work (need one more part from Junkyard) HELLA SUPERTONES!

Nissan Alternator

205/60/13 tires on my Jackmans

New brake rotors and pads

HID Projectors

Headgasket

Then Ned will be good until I figure out bigger, better plans :brow:

Nice. I like the newer style dash trim. I just saw that on a gl-10 the other day. I picked up a nice 4500K HID kit for cheap at http://www.ddmtuning.com. I'll install it tomorrow and report back. It will be aimed well and not a nuisance.

Good looking steering wheel you got there Rugby.

for me, I replaced the passenger side front marker light sockets, the old ones were busted, and I also rewired the cooling fan I just replaced because it to quit working, the plug was bad, so I installed a new one.

I also tore the muffler off the car while I was out 4 wheeling down by the pond, it sounds awesome now!! if only I could get that sound with an intact exhaust system ...

also put a new/used/better tire on it for our California trip that we just got home from, experience n car problems at all.

ran another can of seafoam through the gas tank on our California trip, and I'm now noticing that the car is running much better, and a lot smoother on acceleration.

Stuart! I wanna hear the exhaust!

I had a 6000K HID. It was great but my ballast went out so now I'm back to stock headlights til I get my projector kit ;)

in some sort of sick demented redneck way, I think it sounds kinda cool with the muffler blown off it.

I might go to the muffler shop and have what's left f the muffler bypassed completely, so all I got is the stock Y pipe with the catalytic converter, then nothing but straight pipe from the cat back, at least until I can afford a new Y-pipe and cat, then a new custom exhaust system from there back.

I picked up a nice 4500K HID kit for cheap at www.ddmtuning.com. I'll install it tomorrow and report back. It will be aimed well and not a nuisance.

I have already done this and the only way to not be a nuisance is to purchase and install the projectors also. My headlights are aimed about as far down as I can make them go and they still light up everything above below and to the sides. On the upside most people don't care when they do it so it is aimed right at oncoming traffic and is absolutely horrible. So the folks around here don't bother flashing their lights at you. I would still feel better with a proper beam pattern..

Just my .02

I have already done this and the only way to not be a nuisance is to purchase and install the projectors also. My headlights are aimed about as far down as I can make them go and they still light up everything above below and to the sides. On the upside most people don't care when they do it so it is aimed right at oncoming traffic and is absolutely horrible. So the folks around here don't bother flashing their lights at you. I would still feel better with a proper beam pattern..

Just my .02

I still think the best headlight upgrade you can do is a set of 80/100 watt 9104 flossers at 8 bucks each (you need 2, so that's $16 bucks) and a ceramic wire harness socket adapter off of ebay for about 7 or 8 bucks, and you got yourselves one H*ll of a bright set of lights that will last forever for less then 25 bucks. low beams looks about normal for a halogen light, but get them on high beam and wow they light everything up...

I've been running a set on mine for the last 15,000 miles so far and not even the slightest hint of trouble and their not irritating to oncoming traffic and they light the woods up at night quite well :D

yup, that's it, your the one I got the idea from, except they don't come with the H4 type bulb anymore with the vertical element, the ones I get are horizontal as is the bulb on the left side of your picture, but still very bright.

Nice, guys. You see how the filament is more forward in the 9104's. That is exactly how the HID's I got switch between high- and low-beam. They move the bulb forwards and backwards about 0.75 cm.

This leads me to believe that when running 9104's that the light is just being focused differently and possibly equally as much a nuisance as crappy blue HID's, less the crappy, useless color. Also, Mykey, I hear ya on the projectors... My HID experience will be a learning one, and I'm not opposed to going back to halogen. At $50+ I had to try it.

Edited by kanurys

... That is exactly how the HID's I got switch between high- and low-beam. They move the bulb forwards and backwards about 0.75 cm...

Well... I Used the 9104 Bulbs for years...

Then, long time ago I Switched to 5000K (White) Dual-Beam (Bi-Xenon) H.I.D.'s as you can read: ~► Here

But Mine's move the Bulb up and Down... I Managed to adjust the Headlamps to make their Low Beam, Safer; so I don't Blind the incoming driver's Eyes.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo
To add the Web Link to the word: "Here" ;)

It's easy to get the projector into the bucket. The hard part is getting the lense to the right condition for the new light! I "might" try putting the projectors behind the factory lenses and seeing just how bad it is. I don't really see it being worse than the China-land Halogen---> HID retro kits.

All I got around to this weekend was swapping out all the disgusting, flat-black rattle can over brushed on tan house paint(!?) exterior trim, buttoned up some interior panels I had off, and also adjusted the window rollers on the doors. Voila, no more rattling of windows with them not rolled all the way up.

All I got around to this weekend was swapping out all the disgusting, flat-black rattle can over brushed on tan house paint(!?) exterior trim, buttoned up some interior panels I had off, and also adjusted the window rollers on the doors. Voila, no more rattling of windows with them not rolled all the way up.

Heh. Just trim? Rattle can black on tan/green camo on red. I would estimate the hood surface to be 90 grit :-) I checked out a Brat once with textured green house paint.

picsay-1347254345.jpg

some day I'm going to paint small parts of my car with truck bed liner, there are several ware spots like on the hood near the side mirror that I plop my boots down on after hiking to stretch.

today I buttoned up the rear end of my L to OB conversion, my rear struts were sagging lower than my front. many trips to pick n pull but now I know how to get the whole kit steering linkage, way bars, spacers, struts, dog bone mount... if anyone in California wants to outback a regular legacy I can be of assistance! I was able to find some used kyb gr2 struts I compared them to stock outback struts and they seem a little better!

392120_10152126651625372_289198791_n.jpg

:headbang:

Murphy, the $500 1987 GL-10 Turbo Wagon, got the rear end Honda Accord spring treatment!

548020_3670856205506_863950344_n.jpg

It's ***************in"!!!!! :headbang:

The height is more than I expected. But the ride is not over harsh by any means. Now I just have to readjust the headlights, and I'm good to go for a trip to the mountains!

Note: I have about 150 lbs of bass / guitar / band equipment in the back... Hardly makes a dent!

Lookin' Good! icon14.gif

Could I Ask if you used them on the Stock Shock Absorbers?

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=110546

Kind Regards.

You could ask... But then I'd have to kill you !!!!! :brow:

Just kidding of course!!!!! (That would work so much better if we had a ninja emoticon like other lists! Plus, it a rather bad movie line. I'm pretty sure it was used in the latest Expendibles sequel.)

Yes, I did use the shock shocks. There is a mod where you can use a Toyota shock I think. But that is a little tricky.

Edited by Sonicfrog

... Yes, I did use the shock shocks. There is a mod where you can use a Toyota shock I think. But that is a little tricky.

Yes, I posted the Link to that Writeup on my Post above.

And I Agree that new Emoticons could be Fun...

Edit: But you could post emoticons in the same way we post pics here: EarlyRory.gif

MalIcono.gif

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo
To add the Emoticons ;)