Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

so yesterday one of my recently installed struts decided to seporate from anything bolted to the knuckle and wipe out my ps axle, and dern near the tire as well with the spring perch. stupid used limey built struts......( i dont hate limeys but cmon, who spot welds things when you should lay a bead on that puppy like ALL my other ones) im just lucky it was at the end of the day and at less than 25 mph

Replaced 4 yr old battery with Optima Redtop 25, 720 CCA.

Old battery kept dropping voltage, setting off the alarm or resetting the dash clock or putting the Kenwood radio into protect mode. Suspected it was a cell shorting out - load test confirmed this.

Replaced 4 yr old battery with Optima Redtop 25, 720 CCA.

Old battery kept dropping voltage, setting off the alarm or resetting the dash clock or putting the Kenwood radio into protect mode. Suspected it was a cell shorting out - load test confirmed this.

I have had mine since 2003 or 2004 and it's been in 5 different Subarus, and still starts strong even in the cold. I have a feeling you'll like it!

Fixed the windshield wipers, heater fan and instrument lighting.

It is quite nice to not only see how fast I am going but also where I am going ;)

I don't know which was more "invigorating" standing on my head to reach the relays up in and under the drivers side dash or dissembling the whole thing from left to right to find them in the first place.

The manual by Haynes does not give their location.

The manual by Chilton does not even acknowledge their existence in text or in the wiring diagrams.

BRAT had the drainplug on the radiator disentigrate....ugh. After a couple trips to Napa, Orielly, and finally Autozone its obvious that my radiator is NOT from an 86 Brat (though it works great, and fits like a glove), and that the part number for the actual one (Dorman 61114) is NOT what I need. What I did was a 12 1.25 oil drain plug w/ rubber washer...works like a charm of course. Now, what the hell is this radiator, lol...because ALL the other subaru's I lookup up from that era all used that same Dorman that doesn't fit? hmmm...wierd....

Drove 2000 miles moving from CO to FL....

Averaged 33mpg and the only hiccup (if you can call it that) was having to add about 2qts of oil during the trip. Gotta re-seal that EA, or do an EJ swap. Bumped the mileage up to 236k with that drive.

2k miles; no a/c; no cruise control; one very distressed kitty :)