Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

definitely the downside to to mailorder biz - you can;t just drive back to the store and get an exchange.

that sucks. What brand? maybe the factory just boxed 'em up wrong?

(we've done that where i work - with embedded industrial computer boards!)

The brand is Kelsey-Hayes. I dunno, maybe ea81 calipers are a bit different and they boxed the wrong one... I'm just glad I can drive it for now.

Call the or email them. You probably got a miss-boxed item. It happens.

They will email you a pre-paid shipping tag for the wrong part, issue a credit for it when then get it back, and you just need to re-order.

Rockauto is anything but hard to deal with. You just have to communicate with them.

I would sggest using the BECK/ARNLEY line of calipers as well.

CIMG0350.jpg

Got rear ended in my baby :(

I fear she may never be drivable again.

I'm dealing with some back pain and a sore head from hitting it when I got hit, but otherwise I'm ok.

Twitch

Oh man, that really sucks :(

Really sorry to see that. That's so sad :(

Made your link work.

CIMG0350.jpg?t=1351445276

I'm dealing with some back pain and a sore head from hitting it when I got hit, but otherwise I'm ok.

Twitch

Duuuuuuuude that suuuuxs........ thats my biggest fear for my Brat. Been considering upping my auto insurance coverage.

Duuuuuuuude that suuuuxs........ thats my biggest fear for my Brat. Been considering upping my auto insurance coverage.

Good idea. The guy that hit me didn't have a license or proof of insurance. I may have to use my uninsured driver insurance to cover my medical bills and and to get me another car.

And if all else fails I'm going to a lawyer.

Twitch

CIMG0350.jpg?t=1351445276

Twitch

Sorry for your loss. :(

If all else fails, you could make it look like this:

Twitch, I'm really feeling for you mate! I love those little brumbys - and a targa top as well. What was the driver that hit you doing (other than not braking)???

I hope you find a suitable replacement if not another one; and that your medical expenses are sorted so you're not out of pocket, AND that you're fully mended before long!

Cheers

Bennie

Twitch, I'm really feeling for you mate! I love those little brumbys - and a targa top as well. What was the driver that hit you doing (other than not braking)???

I hope you find a suitable replacement if not another one; and that your medical expenses are sorted so you're not out of pocket, AND that you're fully mended before long!

Cheers

Bennie

He was driving without a license, without proof of insurance and without sobriety :dead:

And idk if I'll find another. It was my baby. I've poured my soul into it over the last 4 years.

And a side note, if you look you can see an outline of a toolbox sitting in the back seat on the driver's side. That box had been sitting right in front of the tailgate before the accident. Had I not had my seats in I probably would have taken a fully loaded toolbox to the back of the head.

My baby did its job and saved me. Had I been in anything smaller or worse designed I may not have been walking away from that accident.

Twitch

time to lawyer up dude. a crash like that is going to almost certainly never stop hurting, and compound itself over time. as for your ride RIP little buddy, fortunately there are brats around to be had. and i think edrach even had a thread goin about pricing them due to a very similar situation. get well soon

RV

Hey Now !!My Daughter was rear ended in my brat in 1995..I straightened it out with a cheery picker and a sledge hammer..This is no lie.. Then took it to Les Schwabs and had everything straightened out(and yes they laughed at me)...Well it is still running and is my daily driver.The odometer broke in 98 at 250,000 on her. Its been all over the west coast and east to Montana..When I can't shut the door from rust I might think about "putting her down".So don't ever give up on a subaru!! They will go forever with minimumn labor...I love it.. So glad your doing OK,You know you can't get blood out of a turnup.His day will come ,just be thankful you were,nt really busted up!!Life can always be worse....http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/423/killercarbs003.jpg http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9940/thethrasher.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img831/8328/ing016.jpg Anyway It didn't hurt that i had just put a import engine and clucth just before the accident.I took off the"Killer Carbs" and replaced them with a cool air scoop.Its my Auxiliary Transmition Cooler... So that's the thoughts from this old man!! Never Give Up on a Subaru !!!

Hey Now !!My Daughter was rear ended in my brat in 1995..I straightened it out with a cheery picker and a sledge hammer..This is no lie.. Then took it to Les Schwabs and had everything straightened out(and yes they laughed at me)...Well it is still running and is my daily driver.The odometer broke in 98 at 250,000 on her. Its been all over the west coast and east to Montana..When I can't shut the door from rust I might think about "putting her down".So don't ever give up on a subaru!! They will go forever with minimumn labor...I love it.. So glad your doing OK,You know you can't get blood out of a turnup.His day will come ,just be thankful you were,nt really busted up!!Life can always be worse.... Anyway It didn't hurt that i had just put a import engine and clucth just before the accident.I took off the"Killer Carbs" and replaced them with a cool air scoop.Its my Auxiliary Transmition Cooler... So that's the thoughts from this old man!! Never Give Up on a Subaru !!!

Mine isn't capabable of being straightened out. The subframe behind the cab buckled and the cab is so tweaked the doors will probably never open again. But by no means am I giving up on it. It will totally different than everyone remembers when I'm done though. :headbang:

Twitch

Good !! I never straightened mine out.... other than correcting any "dog walkin" that came from the wreck.So you have plans for keeping it on the road? You know as long as the drivetrain is ok keep her going.Some backyard frame straightening and you never know..Flat paint will hide lots of dings and creases..Be creative, you got nothing to loose by trying to straightening it out..I spose it takes a special kind of guy to be happy driving a beater in the worlds eyes..haha. Just have fun with it and make the best of it...:banana::banana:..

Whats wrong with Ned?

VBeltBad.jpg

You mean the 4-5 inch piece missing isnt good? Lol I replaced the V-Belt on Ned today... just a Duralast belt (Autozone) but its better than the current one was for right now.

Hahaha, same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. A good section of the belt was missing, although not quite as bad. I guess I should've bought the more expensive one, because the one I put on there likes to squeal when the engine is cold.

Let's see, I replaced my car's cone washers and spring washers, since those completely failed and stripped the hub. I replaced the driver side hub too.

Yesterday was my birthday, so getting my car driving was a great present, haha. I also decided to take the drive up to the Arlington Pick-N-Pull since I've heard there are a lot of Soobies up there. Turns out there was, and I got the two things that I've always wanted: a roof rack and a rear wind deflector. :) Also got a new, older grill; a pedal pad for my clutch pedal; a radio from an '87 GL, which gives me an upgrade to a cassette player :lol:; two sun visors that have mirrors and automatic seat belt information (even though I have manual belts); and a rear Subaru logo, since mine was chipped and not very shiny. :D The nice lady at the Pick-N-Pull gave me a "birthday discount" so the cost was only $60. :)

665853_4354962724174_244108301_o.jpg

664635_4354991524894_1332580694_o.jpg

664484_4355319973105_1418016251_o.jpg

615886_4355780504618_2111970745_o.jpg

178675_4355790984880_1318354650_o.jpg

Edited by jj421

I need to get a spare belt for my 89 GL. It has an ea81 engine, so it's a totally custom setup. The PS pump sits a bit off plane of everything else. Also, doesn't quite have the necessary belt purchase so it eats belts a bit.

It is the prototype mount for all the accessories for an ea81/ea82 swap. I can't remember who makes them.

Did a few things to the Brat this week......

PB040073.jpg

Fixed this now my guages work. Sweet....

098-1.jpg

Put a new altenator in.

PB040072.jpg

Washed my seat covers (quality seat covers do WONDERS for comfort and looks for EA seats) and gave the inside a good cleaning. Probably the last one for the winter.

PB040070.jpg

PB040071.jpg

Have a busted turn sig/running light lens. I would like to just replace both with a cool LED set. Any ideas?

PB040074.jpg

Hope you all enjoy the pics!

I need to get a spare belt for my 89 GL. It has an ea81 engine, so it's a totally custom setup. The PS pump sits a bit off plane of everything else. Also, doesn't quite have the necessary belt purchase so it eats belts a bit.

It is the prototype mount for all the accessories for an ea81/ea82 swap. I can't remember who makes them.

If you snag an agricultural belt that's the right length, it might last longer. They tolerate off kilter applications much better than a regular rubber belt.

Have a busted turn sig/running light lens. I would like to just replace both with a cool LED set. Any ideas?

And not to sounds like a broken record, but your local farm and feed store should have LED marker lights that are quite easy to plunk in. The reflector portion adds a bit of safety too. I'll pop a picture up of my BRAT's setup if I can find one.

Twitch