Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

now how did you know that was a type 3 square back lol.... although it's dead my bro spent a lot of money on the engine in that thing and it's got 2 dead cylinders a year after it was rebuilt. at least my soob still runs and i only spent 150 bucks on it's replacement engine :grin:

Because shamefully I was a VW fan for 20 years. And type III were my favourite. I have owned 2 sqaures and 1 fast back...along with a number of other V-dubs in my day. But the squares were my fav.

Tell your brother to put an EA81 or an EJ22 in it and call it a day. :banana:

Well... Got a new to me soob. monstarus 83 gl wagon. Done a few small things and some that were needed. Oil/filter change, halogen blue headlights. Had a rear bumper, big steel plate with hitch. going to take the ends off the stock bumper and put on the corners. the exhaust was hanging down and had a huge glass pack on it, got two new ones 25'' cherry bombs, and cut up the other exhaust and what i had around to make duals... sounds good, breathes real good, maybe too much? just got new front rotors and pads, going to do today. working on a different roof rack. Looking for tires coming up. Pics coming up when i get the tires and rims on, and when my motor comes! Soon. Shes in good hands Brian...

Because shamefully I was a VW fan for 20 years. And type III were my favourite. I have owned 2 sqaures and 1 fast back...along with a number of other V-dubs in my day. But the squares were my fav.

Tell your brother to put an EA81 or an EJ22 in it and call it a day. :banana:

Kennedy makes an adapter kit for ej to vw tranny, I would definitely use a 5 rib bus box to tame the torque. I was a type 1 guy but got tired of not having water in my flat-4. Mainly the lack of heat, and dead #3 cylinders (Texas heat kills the cylinder just below the oil cooler first)

My 85' gl wagon has been sitting since july due to a spun bearing. Thanks to a free short block, she is back on the road just in time for some snow, hopefully!:banana::banana::banana: It has been my daily driver for about 10 years.

Edited by james32