Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

good lord why!

thats something i'd see in the area north of me in milwaukee. we call that area "the barrio" as in latin hood. they got the most goofy rump roast lookin ************ up there but i give them props for having pride in their ride. even if it is goofy. i was told it was because like 10 people live in the same house, they gotta pride something!

is that a tumor on your wagon?

anyways, I slapped on some rodeo 16" redrills!

2009-12-07134943.jpg

2009-12-07135003.jpg

I painted them all black last night in the dark so they at least match now

and I am getting 2 new (smaller) tires for the fronts to match the rears on saturday

Edited by Ricearu

picked up a replacement axle for the rear of my RX today I'll be installing it tomorrow.

I installed the axle tonight the one that came out was a mess. It had a torn boot and a cracked cage. I was literally driving on borrowed time... I also found loose bolts on the diff mount(mustache bar) the control arms and the struts :eek: everything is tight now and the car is much more solid feeling and handling is sharper:headbang:

My friend, the volvo owner, put me up to it. I can't take all the abuse so I performed a bit of surgery today and successfully removed the tumor. I think she'll live.:dead:

Seeing how you corrected the blasphemy, I removed the pic.

This should be a reminder to everyone.....if you post a pic of a embarrassing nature, I will save it and keep until its the right time to repost it ;)

I'm not immune either :rolleyes:

95 Lego... odometer reads 112K but I think it's a swapped out meter from jy. I believe 200K+ is more correct. Paperwork and inspection stickers show 200k, mega rust underneath. No Carfax but I'm curious. I only paid $1300, so I'm not crying too loud. Car is in good shape and runs great, TB issues aside.

Purchased in late October.

Nearly immediately installed FWD fuse. Torque Bind, "but, of course".

Replaced missing CEL bulb in dash. Pulled codes. Replaced Knock Sensor and cleared codes. Mileage increased from 15-17 mpg to 21-22.

Early November put on four new tires, pulled FWD fuse.

Have done several one and two gallon swaps on ATF. Torque Bind now felt only mildly, only occasionally. More drain n replace cycles to follow.

Late November swapped front pads n rotors

Just did rear pads n rotors with LR caliper.

Pending: O2 Sensor and parking brake shoes (life on a budget)

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7036&d=1257083789

Edited by rainman19154

Test fitted the factory Subaru rubber roof spoiler onto my wagon.

I've never seen another, and once the RX "ground effects" kit is on, this will definitely be the most unique wagon in Aus.

Should be getting the re-trimming interior back at the end of the week:slobber:

post-11861-13602763758_thumb.jpg

post-11861-13602763759_thumb.jpg

I recently did a rebuild on my hi-crappy carb. New fuel pump and filter too. definetly runs better. idles steady and doesnt randomly shut off when at idle hah. if i loaded up the engine(25 in 4th or 5 th) and floored it that would fix the random shut off when idling. idk how but it did. it left me with a giant backwards question mark in my head. BLEHH. I tubbed the interior of most plastic and door panels. cut out the door pockets though. i use those hah. tinted my tail lights and window light too. blacked out my rear emblem and key hole. oh ditched the plastic gutter/slider for roof rack. ditched the "wing" and the back trim pieces and gas cap. im gettn a lockn one soon though noones gonna ever get more than a gallon or two out of my tank. hell theyll prolly get dirt or silt.

post-28666-136027637608_thumb.jpg

post-28666-136027637617_thumb.jpg

post-28666-136027637624_thumb.jpg

post-28666-13602763763_thumb.jpg

1213091835.jpg

Got my coilover conversion on my winterbeater XT6. Legacy turbo front struts and 2WD XT6 rears. Took me a little over 2 hours, including spreading the flanges for the front struts, and changing out the top hats. Just need to fix my mysterious oil leak, and sloppy shifter, and I'll really be in business!

PS, that pic was before I had driven the car at all. The crazy pos. camber has since settles. Drives a heckuva lot nicer than the non-op air struts!

My roo:

Ripped the front wiring harness apart to remove no longer needed devices and replace with new wiring for new devices. Redoing the power feed to the stereo for better sound, redoing the grounds - ground loops are evil!

Relocating the EJ wiring harness to make it look cleaner, converting to 5-lug, replacing struts, decide what wheels I want....and the list goes on.....:grin:

I got my re-trimmed interior back this morning.

Early checkered sedan interior changed to suit the wagon.

Front seats reboltered & covered, rear seat cut up & re-sown to suit the wagon rear seat.

Seatbelts changed over

new carpet for the cargo area

hood lining trimmed

picked up an alternator from a nissan 3.0 v6. did the swap into my 87 ea82 carb. literally bolted right up except for about an 1/8in worth of washers. so far so good. multimeter said 15.4 volts from the alternator(disconnected battery negative) so far so good. used female plugs for the plug-in

we got my motor pulled out, replaced some seals and what not, gettin ready to swap the trannies tomorrow. yay.

when we took a look at it, it seemed the timing belts, pulleys, cam seals etc had been done previously.

Miles has also been filming the process and we should have a pretty cool auto-5spd swap video when its done. fox.jpg