Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

About This:

... I swapped to the LEDs... but I think 2 aren't working correctly as it doesn't even look like they are illuminated... I used the correct bulbs, but oh well, could be worse.

AfterOilChange_zpsdd9f7561.jpg

Remember that LED Bulbs does Have Polarity (+/-) So, if they doesn't Lit, Remove their Socket from the Instrument Cluster, Turn it 180º and place it there again.

Feel Free to Share your LED Bulb Retrofitting Photos & Experiences in this Discussion Thread about that Subject:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/69467-ea82-dashboard-backlights-upgrade-to-hid-white-led%C2%B4s/page-6

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

I reinforced my rear crossmember a bit.

Put some 3mm thick square tube in and weld it in place:

SAM_1408.JPG

After welding the ends of the crossmember tube I painted it black and sprayed a coat of stone chip guard to it:

SAM_1413.JPG

And tomorrow it will hopefully replace this one:

SAM_1352.JPG

Oh and I did some braces into the inside of crossmember mounts too. And I did weld the square pipe into the inner parts by slicing it open and welding it together with the crossmember. I hope it stays together for a while now :)

Edited by -tombba-

Wow, it just rusted right through? I live in the desert so, I never see rust like that. However, I do see a different type of rot - interior rot. The sun is brutal on interiors here in the desert.

Yep. It's a common problem that they rust in finland since the long winter and road salt. But hat one mut have be the wors one I've ever seen. It was broken from both sides like that and the last owner must have done some sort of quick fix to it as can be seen in picture (the welding line).

But happily I've got a new one now from my own parts car and it should last for a while after reinforcing it by weldint the tube in it. By the way I kind of swapped it in already :) So that means I have a subaru that can be driven on road once again ! :)

• Like 1

i got a GL 10 5speed duel-range 87  :wub:

Congrats!

I just acquired another one for the stable myself.

I bought something I've warned multitudes of others to run from.

86 XT Turbo 4WD LOADED 1 owner with 158k on the clock.

And damn near everything works :banana:

Its my DD for now and will be staying completely stock.

Damn those snails are fun. And I have joined the darkside officially now.

Don't disown me yet though! I'm still finishing my EA81 torque monster.

Twitch

PS: After the EA81's rolling, I'll see which car is faster :)

Been doing a lot of meets in the Portland area with Ned since I got my license back, also gone through several sets of wheels trying to find out what I like best since I chose not to do the 5lug swap yet... Think the AA wheels in black will be my best bet, everyone seemed to like them, Ned is too tame looking now... but he hangs with the WRX/STIs with no issues... also gets to bark louder than most of them...

One from the Clackamas meet:

Carmeets_zps6ea195d5.jpg

As for what Ive done... Im more likely ABOUT to do a major overhaul on the front...

ordered Centric Discs for $8 a piece... those arrived and are ready for install

picked up a set of the ThermoQuiet brake pads

picking up 2 used but new front axles

picked up (4) 6207 2RS C3 bearings for $12/each to solve my wheel bearing issue

Gonna be tearing it down :D

• Like 1

Maxima alternator.

IMG_20130615_113625_zpse8f3fb0f.jpg

Pretty straightforward installation. Took a bit of creativity to get the pulleys off though, without an impact.

Slightly disappointed, but at the same time impressed. I no longer have voltage drop when the bass hits through my system anymore, but I've noticed that my no load volt reading on the in dash voltmeter is lower now than it was with the original alt. Also, at idle with a full load (high beams, flashers, rear defroster, heater on full blast, interior lights on) my volt meter drops down to about 10 volts. My idle is high already, (1,000 rpm) so it's not that. Any ideas?

So like I said, both good and bad things.

IMG_20130615_113619_zps59e28b75.jpg

Been doing a lot of meets in the Portland area with Ned since I got my license back, also gone through several sets of wheels trying to find out what I like best since I chose not to do the 5lug swap yet... Think the AA wheels in black will be my best bet, everyone seemed to like them, Ned is too tame looking now... but he hangs with the WRX/STIs with no issues... also gets to bark louder than most of them...

One from the Clackamas meet:

Carmeets_zps6ea195d5.jpg

I go to a meet every Wed night and a few more during the month.

This is from last Sat at the place I used to work at.

Outbackfotoshoot_zpsf1674a12.jpg

This is the Wed night meet.

SouthHillMallmeet_zps81a40a4a.jpg

I was the first one there and everyone parked the other way  :rolleyes:

Cleaned cleaned cleaned....and then cleaned, the engine and bay. Was in miserable shape from the P.O.: dirt, mud, grease....dirty muddy grease...weird 'rusty' stains everywhere that had to be scrubbed off as pressure washer wouldn't remove them. First chance I've had to really go at it other than throwing away money at a car wash using their "engine wash" setting (=garbage). The joys of finally having my own property where I can do what I want, and my own pressure washer present from Xmas. Much wielding of said p. washer, and a fair amount of scrub-a-dub with a pail of heavy dish soaped water and scrubby pads. Some of whats still on the engine is NOT going to come off until I have the motor out and can attack it with a wire wheel, but she looks 1000% better than when I bought it two years ago. Electric fan and clutch fan shroud were removed to facilitate cleaning huge globs of dirt rammed under the radiator by P.O. off-roading.

Still have to drive her up on ramps and get the very bottom, and then I'll probably get on with an in-car reseal.

DSCN0797_zps6ad32e81.jpg

DSCN0798_zpsc21573cc.jpg

DSCN0799_zps3b3cb78d.jpg

DSCN0796_zpsdb10c027.jpg
Edited by SmashedGlass
  • Like 1