Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I know... he didnt think we'd notice the snow, but I noticed something else (I haven't been following his build) Let me get to the point then.

Only swapped the rears so far? Not much, but the offset is different and that's what caught my eye.

Snow's natural to a New Englander... so yeah, that blends in. Happy New Year:)

Correct, those are stock fenders with a little paint. :)

I think it's the 5 lug offset that makes it look different. I really like those wheels, but I will have to see if they will clear the legacy calipers on the front.

I'm working on removing the interior so I can add the rear ebrake, then I'll do the fronts. Although, I have the dash out so I can get to the heater core - a pain it is. :-\ Boy, does the dust collect in there! cough......cough.....dusty!

these baja lights are flippin' awesome imho :lol:. there is a *slight* vibration in the light due to bumps in the road and such since the hood is just a layer of sheet metal. other than that they are pretty nice.

edit: they are far much brighter than the stock lights. i could *almost* drive with just them on.

i wanted to put them on the bumper but decided against it.

-Justin

Edited by crazyman03

About the stock lights not being bright, what I found is, if you adjust both of them up about 1/2" to 1" or so, and out just a little they shoot out farther and wider (I did this to mine, very happy now) I'm also running 120/140w 5,500k Luminics Titainium white bulbs (9004) great bulbs (Very bright a project and eluminate awesome!)

Just some insight incase you wanted some :-p

-Tom

Edited by TheLoyale

Replaced sensor for temperature gage. YEAH it made it work.... on the 86 GL 4x4. Also had fun sliding all over the road this morning (ICY) it was only fun as I did not hit anything. Had to try out the new cars reaction to ice it did much better then my sons car. (Ok honestly only the 2nd and 3rd slides were from testing the first one was on accident.)

About the stock lights not being bright, what I found is, if you adjust both of them up about 1/2" to 1" or so, and out just a little they shoot out farther and wider (I did this to mine, very happy now) I'm also running 120/140w 5,500k Luminics Titainium white bulbs (9004) great bulbs (Very bright a project and eluminate awesome!)

Just some insight incase you wanted some :-p

-Tom

ya know, i have no idea what type of bulbs are in there right now. i bought it in September and all i had to do was replace the lens assembly. There happens to be 2 more in the door :). I wanted to try and find some HID lights but i like what i have now.

I wanted to also add that if you were to add (or if i were to...) a thicker piece of metal on the under-side of the hood it might prevent the lights from bobbing much. 'coarse they aren't really doing that much anyway but still..

-Justin

ya know, i have no idea what type of bulbs are in there right now. i bought it in September and all i had to do was replace the lens assembly. There happens to be 2 more in the door :). I wanted to try and find some HID lights but i like what i have now.

I wanted to also add that if you were to add (or if i were to...) a thicker piece of metal on the under-side of the hood it might prevent the lights from bobbing much. 'coarse they aren't really doing that much anyway but still..

-Justin

I would stay away from the HID conversions (From what I have seen and heard, they don't really provide alot more light) I would just change the bulbs to a better brand (Higher wattage) I mean the best bulbs I have ran are - "Sylvana Cool Blue" and the "Luminics Titainium white 120/140w bulbs"

As for the offroad lights vibrating, you can use a rubber gasket or grommet on the top side of the hood/bolt to give it some support during bumps (I did this to the lights on my rack) and yes, a small metal brace would help aswell (makes the mounting area larger and stiffens that area. Its all up to you :)

-Tom

I would stay away from the HID conversions (From what I have seen and heard, they don't really provide alot more light) I would just change the bulbs to a better brand (Higher wattage) I mean the best bulbs I have ran are - "Sylvana Cool Blue" and the "Luminics Titainium white 120/140w bulbs"

As for the offroad lights vibrating, you can use a rubber gasket or grommet on the top side of the hood/bolt to give it some support during bumps (I did this to the lights on my rack) and yes, a small metal brace would help aswell (makes the mounting area larger and stiffens that area. Its all up to you :)

-Tom

yea, about the larger surface area. thats what i was thinking.

I do want to get higher wattage bulbs but i want to get a bigger battery. cant remember what size i got but its not very big on the amps. that.. and the nissan alternator conversion. i was going to pick one up at the junk yard yesterday but pickings were *very* slim. not many nissans OR 'roo's i only found 1 ea82, and it was a Loyale! i think i found a dl and that was it .. very sad times.

-Justin

Good luck with that :)

My batt is 650CCA (Cold Crank Amps) get the highest CCAs you can (It'll save you in winter time)

Hey, is there something on the driver-side fender? Looks to be in those pics.

-Tom

the fender is actually tore up on the driver side. when i got it the whole headlight and marker light were banged up pretty good. replace the lights.. cut the fender up a bit to straighten it out and good as new.

I wanted to go with a dual battery setup but as of late i haven't had the funds to do so. so that i can do anything i need to with adequate power, i'll probably get the upgraded alternator first though.:rolleyes:

anyway, OH! what have i done with my subie lately? I changed the water pump (went with a new one after all) and tomorrow hopefully i'm doing the passenger side wheel bearings.

-Justin

Oh, I have My CB and Sirius Satellite antenna's on the driver door. that what you mean?

-Justin

Oh thats what I must see, Yea I figured it had to be an antena for some gadget (Whats a Subaru without them? Lol)

-Tom

Happy New year everyone! I made it to see 2010 (Now wheres 2525?) Haha

All I have done lately to mine was wire in my new Sirius unit into my Impreza. And have been running the coupe every so often to keep the battery charged etc. Its been so cold here yet my old boy starts 3rd time every time ( Its usually a week between starts... not to shabby for a non-working choke .)

Just changed disty in the '85 BRAT. Been acting up last few days, at idle speeds, tach will read upto 4G's. Can feel roughness of the engine thru the shifter.

It's only -10 to -15 outside right now, depending on wind speed. Hands are way cold.... Can't wrench on things with gloves on, just can't.

Wife won't let me warm them up either. :lol:

Waterpump is leaking a little - so I'll have to replace it next weekend (Hope it makes it)

Is there supposed to be any normal play in the Waterpump/cooling fan shaft? Cause mine has a very small amount of up/down play (Is that normal or is the pump going?) Either way I need to replace it.

Wish me luck!

-Tom :grin: