Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Still working on mine here and there. Got my new driveshaft for the 5spd swap (my wife is gonna have kittens when she sees the bill) ordered new front CVs, as well as new pads and rotors. Once thats all in, it'll be time to add all the fluids and fire it up! It hasnt been driven since february, so im a little excited to feel how well the 5 speed harnesses the 80 raging horsepower

Edited by spazomatic

This last week i did this:

Replaced the starter in a 96 impreza outback 4eat with one from an 87 gl ea82 5m

Washed my woodie wagon for the 3rd time in the car wash and the contac paper wood survives yet. Aside from that, i helped replace the track in the car wash at the oil change facility i work at.

I re-did parts of my wood grain where the edges were compromised by waxing the car 3 coats. 

I got the 3door out once agian to polish it up for an upcoming show, and am swapping outback wheels onto it so all of them match.

So you had Line X put your liner in.

What did that run you, if you don't mind me asking?

I had mine done as well and with the Line-X Premium, this version doesn't dull down and resists sun fade, etc, it was $500. I also had them do the jump seats and they turned out awesome! They look brand new and practically look like they can from the factory that way! Edited by BuckarooBanzai

I had mine done as well and with the Line-X Premium, this version doesn't dull down and resists sun fade, etc, it was $500. I also had them do the jump seats and they turned out awesome! They look brand new and practically look like they can from the factory that way!

Yeah, I am still working on my jump seats. I want to build two frames... one for each chair... that way I can remove one if we are not using it that day. I doubt I will get them lined as the seats I got are in decent shape.

An Epson printer, a Dirtbike, a microbrew, a cat scratching post, and an inexpensive but usable kitchen table.

Epix, you sir have created my perfect dining room.

On topic, I put the heads on my engine tonight and bought a new water pump.

Next comes the "new" intake and oil pump.

Not even going to bother with the factory California spec intake with electronic carb garbage built in.

EA82 intake here I come.

Can a SPFI intake allow a carb to bolt up? Because I figure they got even better flow rates with the gen3 stuff.

And Loyales are easy to come by in the local JY's.

Twitch

An Epson printer, a Dirtbike, a microbrew, a cat scratching post, and an inexpensive but usable kitchen table.

Epix, you sir have created my perfect dining room.

On topic, I put the heads on my engine tonight and bought a new water pump.

Next comes the "new" intake and oil pump.

Not even going to bother with the factory California spec intake with electronic carb garbage built in.

EA82 intake here I come.

Can a SPFI intake allow a carb to bolt up? Because I figure they got even better flow rates with the gen3 stuff.

And Loyales are easy to come by in the local JY's.

Twitch

Sorry for going OT

Lol, nice eye.. yea typically always working on a bike and the garage is a bit cramped right now.. it's nice being a bachelor sometimes.  I do work on some bikes inside doing just body/electrical work.. saving the dirty stuff like fluid changes for garage use.

Here was my "Christmas decoration"

hC2Bk.jpg

On topic; I'll post the pics in the near future of the wheels on the Brat.  Right now I need to get the clutch replaced :(

• Like 3

It was going to be (without the tailgate) $450.00 for the standard or $525.00 for the premium that has the UV blocker in it; I paid the $525.00.

This was also after attempts at making Duplicolor Bed Armor work; that stuff is horrible - even with proper preparation. After 5-6 days of letting the small panels cure with the Bed Armor - I was able to score it with my thumbnail - not cool.

I also took a whole weekend sanding out every bit of rust that I could find - surface or deep. Then I did the POR-15 cleaner spray, metal prep spray, then 2-3 coats of POR-15... knowing that the guys at Line-X would sand most of that down. I wanted to be sure every little place that the bed liner didn't reach was sealed by the POR-15; and I also did this to explore/inspect every bit of the bed before the liner went down.

Honestly I was a bit apprehensive spending that much...

• But I saw a friends Rhino Liner and while it was hard and it stuck, it also dulled to a grey.
  • The guys at the shop seemed genuinely interested in the Brat; there was another guy who brought in a new Tacoma and they treated him way different (even though his was going to be more expensive).
  • The guys at the shop answered every question I had before I did the job.
  • I also work at a location where people spend gobs of money for things that wont last nearly as long as the liner... so that made me man up and spend the money.

You forgot the new liner smells like cake batter!

My Subaru "BumbleBeast" keeps working Flawlessly, but recently the Brake Lamps' Sensor started to Fail; so I Changed it with a stronger, aftermarket unit, which works perfect; I only had to swap the pigtail connector with my soldering gun, and Voilá!

BrakeLampsSensor.jpg

Kind Regards.

I almost had to do that on my BRAT before I realized it was just the wire breaking off the connector.

So that's one thing to look at for future reference of the noobies around here.

Check your connector and the base wiring before you run to replace something electrical.

It may just be a simple fix with a soldering gun and some new shrink/tape.

Twitch

• Like 1

Finally! Got my old crusty GL moving under its own power again. Its only been since february....5 speed swap is done, new front axles, pads and rotors, all new fluids, yadda yadda yadda.

Rolled up the windows, and turned the air on to keep the dirt road out of the car, and was assaulted by rodent nesting material. Thats just...thats just great

Edited by spazomatic
  • Like 2

... 5 speed swap is done, new front axles, pads and rotors, all new fluids, yadda yadda yadda...

Awesome, but where are the Photos;) 

...It may just be a simple fix with a soldering gun and some new shrink/tape...

Yes.

In my Case, I was the culprit who caused the Fail of that sensor, let me Explain:

Long years ago, the Brake Pedal's return spring developed a squeaking sound every time it was pressed and also when it was released; so tired of that, some months ago I Shot some bursts of PB Blaster penetrating oil and then some shots of White lithium grease... the horrid noise went away, but short time after that, the sensor started to fail.

At first, I removed that for deep cleansing but was almost impossible, the grease & oil found its way inside and preventing the electrical contact somehow; so I obtained the aftermarket unit, which I consider to be "Stronger" due to its full metallic pin, and the resistance that the internal spring has... or maybe the old one has become weak with age...

Anyhow, I have brake lights once again.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo