Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Quite a lot got done yesterday, mostly ( actually all ;) )  by a fellow member

WIC  got

1) repaired drivers side electric window motor ( replaced entire assembly)

2) rims and lyres - 195/60/15s

IMG_20150509_091424_338.jpg

2) New rear disk Brakes

IMG_20150509_091750_207.jpg

IMG_20150509_091808_281.jpg

4) Rear LSD

IMG_20150509_091627_954_2.jpg

• Like 1

Ha, Ha... 

Lempíra sir, was a chieftain Warrior of the Lenca ethnic group, relatives of Hondurans Mayas. He fought against the Spanish invaders and was treacherously killed at the top of a hill, so Lempira is a national grandee of Honduras.  More info & images, here:

~► Wikipedia: Lempira

Sorry for the offtopicness...

What have I done to my Subie, Lately?

Driving, pouring Gasoline and Continue Driving ... :D ...

And Gathering parts to install the 15" aluminium Wheels,

such like New Studs, Full Metal valves, etc...

Kind Regards.

Edited to Fix the Web Link.

I did not know Mayas were in Honduras. Please feel free to weave some historical Honduras facts in as this nerd likes it.

I did not know Mayas were in Honduras. Please feel free to weave some historical Honduras facts in as this nerd likes it.

Yes, Honduras has many ancient Ruins which are Archaeological Parks nowadays,

some from the Mayans, and other prehispanic cultures, all very interesting.

The main mayan city is "Copan" located at the occidental side of Honduras:

CopanOvergrownRuins.jpg

CopanMacawBird.jpg

~► https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copán

Also there is the Mysterious hidden "Ciudad Blanca" (White City) a Crystal Skull 

Came from it, is also known as the "Monkey god" City, there is a Book about that:

LaCiudadBlanca.jpg

~► https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Ciudad_Blanca

Sorry for Hijack this Thread, I posted much more information of Honduras, here:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/87725-an-open-request-to-loyale-27-turbo/

That thread is plenty of Photos.

Edit:

I forgot to share this Short Video that explain why Honduras...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pstBD5BEIo

...is a Small Country, but has three different Wide Worlds.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo
  • Like 2

That looks like way too much work. I'd rather just be cold!

Ha the cold doesn't bother me - the heater box filling up with coolant sure did! 

Wasn't actually too hard, just very time consuming. At least I know exactly what I'm doing when I take the dash off for my eventual EJ swap!

Edited by rxleone

Was it the core that was leaking, or the hoses? If it was the core, did you get a new one, or 2nd hand?

Those clamps that Subaru uses have a tendency to cut the rubber pipes after a while :(

Jealous of the LHD model which seemingly have pipes connected all the way out of the firewall as 1 piece.

I got Ash, the red sedan out after a winter slumber. Having last been out in December i was expecting some hesitations or some issues. NONE. Started right up and ran great.  I drove Ash up to Mt Rainier, here are some pictures:

112_0274.jpg

We stopped at the first snow fed waterfall.

112_0276.jpg

Ash peeking out from behind the rock safety wall waiting for my return.

112_0279.jpg

The mountain was definitely out today.

112_0280.jpg

Made it up to Jackson Visitor center

Ash performed wonderfully. Took to the hills with no hesitation at all. The brakes have a slight warp and his transmission main shaft bearing is worn a bit which causes the stick vibration. But overall I was very impressed.

Put on the front lift. Removing the original struts took a 10 foot breaker bar and a lot of heat. Still need to source new top hats for the rear, the rear left is crunchy and dangerously rusty. Been thinking about making custom trailing arm droppers. How dangerous is just running a longer bolt through a peice of square stock? I'm pretty sure the answer is that it's not safe, just wanted some outside thoughts.

Finished yanking out the dash and getting over the screwball wiring someone did. I think I found my short. Now I need ideas for putting a custom dash back in. Thinking all I want is the guage cluster and some switches. Only a ton of removing and grinding left for me to be ready for the roll cage!  The engine rebuild is not far away. Replacing everything I can for forged internals. 

Is there a list of all the internal parts for rebuilding? I want to get as many forged parts in it. For both longevity and power.

I finally got the dashboard ripped out!  Packing up a few parts I sold and thinking about how to move from here.  There are a bunch of wires running from the drivers side to the passenger side.  I'm guessing they are for the heater?!   Does anyone know if there is a way to relocate the fan for the heater... Or any of the air duct system?  Ideally I want to keep the defrost and a single vent to heat the cabin. Everything else is just extra weight.  Also....  I still have pieces of the dashboard left if anyone is needing any of those parts.  minus the speaker grill cover and the speaker mounts.