Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Yeah, it came out alright, and it fits which is good haha. Edited my post adding dimensions, only difference going the other way would be tapped holes on the outside, clearance/countersink inside.

The Brumby finally got its rear disks , LSD and bash plate today

and a bit of S/S and Doggy "bling".

IMG_20150528_143500_319.jpg

rears

right

IMG_20150528_143307_972.jpg

and left

IMG_20150528_143338_486.jpg

AND the LSD and Bash Plate

LSD%20and%20Bash%20Plate.jpg

and a S/S Tourneau brace

IMG_20150528_143518_309.jpg

and here are the Australian Cattle dog passengers.

Dash is a red heeler , with more show ribbons than you can believe ,a full "Australian champion" show dog, she was just a few hundred points away from  "Grand Australian Champion" status  when the previous owner retired her from showing..

The 17 week old puppy has no papers but has two very hard working blue heeler parents, - what more could you want than a "bluey" born on Australia Day ??

IMG_20150527_111422_337.jpg

Just for those not full bottle on the old time Australian lingo, "blue heeler" was also the slang name used in the outback for the local constabulary, as they wore blue uniforms and were continually chasing and biting at someones' heels ;)

Thanks to a forum member for getting this done for me

Edited by Henpecked
  • Like 3

JesZek the Diff Guard is a Subaru Australia made option Number 47 in the list to that date going on the part number and no doubt some searching will uncover the Blueprints and dimensions under the Australian Registered Design number noted on there as well.

Not sure how long such a design stays registered for, But one only has to change a design by 10% to classify as a new design to avoid litigation over Copyrights and Design Registration.

You could do that by using all four bolts to mount it at the front and gluing an  open cell foam piece between the plate and the Diff Housing to stop rocks getting caught in between and potentially causing any damage , Then instead of the Diagonal slot just use access holes and the design is no longer the registered one and hence legal to make and use.

The Foam Insert between any Bash Plate Sump Guard is something we did all the time on our Rally cars exactly to stop something like a rock sitting on top of the Sump guard being punched through the sump when you hit something very hard with the sump guard and it transferred the force through the rock.

We Have rocks in Australia called "Ironstone" and believe me it may as well be a piece of irregular shaped steel sitting on top of the Sump Guard ready to damage your engines sump that is why we used the Foam filler so the Rocks could not sit there ready to do damage things.

• Like 1

I've got one of a slightly different design sitting at home. Goes straight up the back of the diff instead being further back & then bending in. Looks stronger IMHO. And I think it's got the 2 round hole also.

Wouldn't be too hard to make at home really. Will try to get a pick on the weekend.

The silver wagon got its A/C pulley replaced with a new bearing and a big and solid (6mm steel tube) - "don't park close to me" tow bar to intimidate the tailgaiters that Adelaide roads are infested with.

IMG_20150528_143544_222.jpg

wanted to have it on the Brumby - but it won't fit.

IMG_20150528_143613_696.jpg

Thanks to a forum member for getting this done for me,

Nice Touring Wagon!

So, Adelaide roads are equally infested with Tailgaters like Honduran Roads.

IMG_20150528_143544_222.jpg

...Thanks to a forum member for getting this done for me...

Usually we give the credit publicly to the Forum Members who helps,

by saying their names or usernames.

Kind Regards.

Replaced a Driveshaft but regarding the title have a look at these Subaru Australia what would these days be called Infomercial's basically a two part roughly 15 minutes a piece overview and roadtest of the MY Subaru range from the early 1980's.

The presenter is Evan Green who did have a motorsport background in Rallying as well as being a Journalist and it gives a fair test of the Cars capability and shows some typical Aussie terrain.

well worth having a look, Even I did not realise that just as in America we supplied Subaru's for the National Ski Team.

The wagon especially gets a good workout in the Creek as well as Evan having a bit of sideways fun on a Horse trotting track.

and here are the Australian Cattle dog passengers.

Dash is a red heeler , with more show ribbons than you can believe ,a full "Australian champion" show dog, she was just a few hundred points away from  "Grand Australian Champion" status  when the previous owner retired her from sohowing..

The 17 week old puppy has no papers but has two very hard working blue heeler parents, - what more could you want than a "bluey" born on Australia Day ??

IMG_20150527_111422_337.jpg

Just for those not full bottle on the old time Australian lingo, "blue heeler" was also the slang name used in the outback for the local constabulary, as they wore blue uniforms and were continually chasing and biting at someones' heels ;)

Thanks to a forum member for getting this done for me

What beautiful dogs you have there mate.

Have you Double-Checked the Timing:confused: 

I set the distributor cap where it was before, should I do the full timing light with the flywheel thing? I'm thinking also recheck all vacuum places, reseal my egr block off plate (found a bag of new gaskets). Also my vacuum canister isn't really hooked up at all, haven't had any luck finding an ea81 guide as far as that. This weber swap became much too complicated :/

... should I do the full timing light with the flywheel thing? ...

Yes, you Should.

Otherwise you'll never be Sure if timing is set properly.

... also recheck all vacuum places, reseal my egr block off plate ... my vacuum canister isn't really hooked up at all ...

Yes, re-check all vacuum lines.

... haven't had any luck finding an ea81 guide as far as that. This weber swap became much too complicated

The EA82 writeup I did, applies in a 90% to the EA81, the main differences are regarding the Adaptor Plate and some minor stuff that you'll find once you do it, maybe you're loosing the patience / lacking the time to do all the things it requires to be properly set; in such case, you might ask the help from another USMB member nearby your Area...

But Check the Timing and Vacuum hoses are a Must...

Kind Regards.

Yes, you Should.

Otherwise you'll never be Sure if timing is set properly.

Yes, re-check all vacuum lines.

The EA82 writeup I did, applies in a 90% to the EA81, the main differences are regarding the Adaptor Plate and some minor stuff that you'll find once you do it, maybe you're loosing the patience / lacking the time to do all the things it requires to be properly set; in such case, you might ask the help from another USMB member nearby your Area...

But Check the Timing and Vacuum hoses are a Must...

Kind Regards.

Would my non really hooked up exhaust cause it not to run as well?

You might ask the help from another USMB member nearby your Area...

Oh how I wish, lol

And to Jezek; With all of your knowledge and passion for subarus I feel like you would be a great person to restart subaru in your beautiful country of Honduras 

Subaru Lost their dealership in Honduras, we're completely alone here.

The only choice is internet...

Solved! I had the plugs in 1 2 3 4 not 1 3 2 4 order. Darn, oh well.

I'm really Glad to know that you Solved the issue.

It is a common mistake to overlook the simplest things, While we far away, always try to help with more Direct probably causes, usually not the simplest ones... Thank you for let us know the Cause & Solution.

Kind Regards.

Drive it for the first time in 6+ months  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  Exhaust and then figuring out whats up with my turn signal, and finding my corner light cover, and then she will be done. I was about to give up on her too. SO glad I got my head out of my butt when it came to timing.