Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

It is D/R 4wd, 5 speed, the mirrors are just like the ones on Jeszek's Loyale, I guess they were some kind of option? They are still power mirrors, but they are different from the ones on the other GLs and DLs that I have... The color is close to the original color, but it has been repainted once...

-Bill

Those are the 85 model mirrors. ONe of the few visual cues to distinguish an 85 from 86.

• Like 1

i put in some cup holders, im making a thread about it now...

here is a crappy picture of them. not the cleanest install but eh.. it works. i wish though i would have grabbed the slide out cup holders from the outbacks rather than this one that i found on the ground near a toyota camry. i may go back and grab them incase i care enough to swap them in the future

605c5f4e-4596-4fb6-8f28-3917a2e40e12_568x426r0.jpg

Well I did some work on my RX finally!

Got all the plumbing for the PCV, intake pre and post turbo, MAF, air filter and part of the wiring harness installed on Friday. Doesn't sound like much but it took me a bit to get it situated. Tomorrow I'm working on getting the harness finished in the car, and the PS lines done, along with getting the interior put back together

I put in some XT6 front seats in the Loyale

picture.php?albumid=41&pictureid=1542

and now am currently doing an EJ22 swap. http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=103355 :Flame:

Nice switch! If I find and XT6 at the yard, that's worth doing.

My Loyale just became my daily driver after the other car (not a Subaru) died unexpectedly. Recent stuff to get it up to snuff:

-New tires

-New windshield

-Had exhaust leak and broken pipe welded (rear pipe separated from front of muffler--man, it sounded great!)

-Replaced gas pistons on hatch (from junkyard)

-Replaced passenger seat belt track, motor (hadn't worked for 10+ yrs), and the interior plastic trim around the door (from junkyard)

-Fixed ground fault in 4WD switch at shifter boot base

-New front rotors & pads

-New timing belts. Left the covers off--yes, I've already been scolded, but the screw lugs were either cracked or rotated freely (perhaps overtorqued previously or just aged), so oh well...

-New oil pump. Pressure sender included w/ new pump (from Subaru dealer) didn't work. Switched in the old sender w/ the new pump, works fine, although pressure seems lower than before. Need to get mech. gauge to double-check and maybe install a mech. pressure gauge permanently.

-New water pump

-New front seals (cams & crank)

-New accessory belts

Coming soon:

-New clock

-Replace rear shoes and possibly drums

-Perhaps some spray bomb racing stripes from the grille all the way back to the hatch. The clear coat's just about gone on the roof. If you don't take pride in your car's beauty (external, at least), why not have some fun with it?

-R134a conversion, but this can wait till spring.

Edited by mcrae0104

I finally got the rear disc brakes installed on my Brat. I'd love to say they make a huge difference in braking, but I'm not sure how much credit to give to them and how much credit to give to Rob's patience with bleeding the lines (thanks a ton, Rob). :grin:

Also finally converted the ever flat front air struts, on my XT6, to Legacy coils. I'm waiting to wake up from the dream I must be having. They're so lovely. Especially after smashing and bouncing around on bump stops.

Oh, and I pulled my usual mod. Ditched the ball bearings in one of my front axles and engaged the diff lock, so that my XT6 is now, like my Brat, RWD. Sadly, not kidding. Evidently somebody didn't think the driver side front axle's DOJ needed the metal retainer ring that holds everything in the cup. When I pulled the strut, it all just came apart. :banana: :-\ :(:mad:

...the mirrors are just like the ones on Jeszek's Loyale, I guess they were some kind of option? They are still power mirrors, but they are different from the ones on the other GLs and DLs that I have...

Yes, Those are Exactly the ones on my Subies, but they weren`t an Option exactly...

Ooo me likie!

I knew I've seen those somewhere else, hmm. don't understand why SOA would offer another style thats not all that diffrent..? ...

Well... The model known as "Loyale" was produced since 1981 in Japan, as can be seen in the Subaru of Japan Website History line, Sold as the Third Gen of the "Subaru Leone" but also available Named as the "Isuzu Gemminnett II":

Loyalein1981.jpg

Exported to the Rest of the World in 1985, (also with 1.3 and 1.6 engines plus other Options) Those Mirrors were the first Design for the "Rest of the World Style" mirrors. Let me Explain: in Japan, the Mirrors are Not Placed at the Doors but at the Front Fenders, as you can see in this Pictures:

subaru_leone_2915590_orig.jpg?t=1253618493

subaru_leone_1658151_orig.jpg

For More Historic info, see this thread:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53434&page=8

Kind Regards.

I built a hi/low boost control. At a flick of a switch I can go from stock boost to 12psi.

Edit: photo added

DSC_2189.jpg

this is a bleed type control but I added a solenoid valve to make it a selectable boost system

Edited by vagen

Well, I modified the fuel capacity on my 87 wagon, LOWERING the amount of fuel the tank can hold by approximately one-quarter of a gallon.

This custom mod was performed by backing the Subie up against a log lying parallel to the car, while on an offroad adventure. :lol:

Edited by Robert M