Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I just tested out my new Hella 500FF driving lights. I mounted them on the

bumper of the GL. Considering that my headlights dont put out the correct

amount of light ( I need to rewire them), these 500FF's are amazing. I have

to tweek the alignment a little, but other than that they are great. I wired

them up to the high beam position. I think I will mount a set up high on the

roof rack too. Up here in Carbonado the roads are bad and the dropoffs can

be steep.:eek: For the 60 or so dollars that they retail for, I would say they

are the best for the price. I might try some night picks to post later.

Mike

good thing its not a top fuel drag subaru or he'd have delivery problems with all those bends:lol:

nice rig.. i love the bling on the... dirt (is that safe to say)

i got new rear hatch struts my hatch wouldnt stay open unless i held it for 10 seconds

Edited by True2Blue

I changed my leaking tire on the BRAT with my matching full size spare. Seems during MUDCOAST I picked up a rock fragment chunk that was pushed between the rim and tire bead.

I deflated the tire and pulled the rock out with a pointy device.

This is just my scheduled rotation in of the 5th ture to keep treads even :)

-on a side note, I helped my neighbor work on his daughters 2000 VW Passat. We replaced the front hub assembly, and that car is crap to work on. Makes me appreciate the Subaru ease.......her bearing was shot, the upper control arm bolt was seized, the steering tie rod end bolt snapped, and the ABS sensor is crap to work with compared to Subaru......

My 94SS which i have now had for about 2 weeks, I have racked up about 320 miles of no problems.....first tank of gas I think it was about 21mpg. Hoping for about 23 on this next tank with the 93 octane premium i filled it with.

i second that for vw.. my gf has an 03 and i refuse to work on it now... i hate VW were trading it in for a subaru:lol:

i detailed the crap outta my door jams with a steam cleaner replaced my rear passenger swing arm assembly and painted and installed my hatch door struts

Finished installing my GC/Eibach coilovers, my RX handles now :banana:

Psyko came over and lent a hand, when were done with mine and test drove it (ask him about the ride) we worked on his Legacy wagon. I polished the headlights so he can see at night now and we welded up his broken exhaust.

Pretty productive afternoon.

RX sits a little lower now :D

Newcoilovers3.jpg

well i didnt do much but i discovered that i have leak where my wiring goes through my roof from my daylighters. lmao i was sittn at the college in my subie waiting for class to start and it started raining really hard and well it started drippn on me pretty bad. hah