Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

just had my new(old and rusty) 14'' 505 wheels sandblasted and powder-coated black for 78 bucks(for four) at goodyear here in portland. Going to buy a new battery right now. Starting to design a roof rack for the spare/shovels/jack/gascans/etc.

just had my new(old and rusty) 14'' 505 wheels sandblasted and powder-coated black for 78 bucks(for four) at goodyear here in portland. Going to buy a new battery right now. Starting to design a roof rack for the spare/shovels/jack/gascans/etc.

DO WHAT!!!!

Ok, for $78 a sand blast and powder coat?????? :banana:

That is awesome.... is there a place in Dallas like that?

-Daniel

wow. $78! thats pretty good! I hope there is a place around here that is that cheap.

not likely tho. milwaukee is pretty hard on coatings places in general because of environmental stuff. oddly enough. my dad worked for the sewage commission which made that all happen. what a wongleflute! haha.

what i did recently:

92 Loyale: cut up some more of my wheel wells.

00 Outback: changed front dif fluid, i dont think its ever been changed in 180k miles. pretty sure since i've had the car for the last 110k miles and i havent done it, i had the trans and rear dif done recently. but i dont think they new about the separate front dif fluid.

Edited by xbeerd

nice rig.. ive never seen you before.. you must stay close to home

No, I venture out all the time. Work in Oly, live in Graham. In Tacoma quite often.

Seems like alot of bends in that intake........

It does seem like alot of bends. The intake tubes itself are larger than factory. Also when you tap the trottle all you here is the intake. Its a screamer!

i love the bling on the... dirt (is that safe to say)

Yeah I was going to steam clean it after the motor was out... Couldn't get the backhoe in the shop to yard it out. Oh well... ummm it adds charactor.... umm yeah sure....:lol:

Well, what can i say ? I've been BUSY !!! :D

Had to install a brand new radiator in the SVX...(possibly the only NIB one remaining anywhere in the States !). Oh, and I found out there are only 8 other SVX's in Alabama, according to DMV :)

Replaced the clutch unit in my BRAT, rebuilt the shifter (the plastic & rubber was disintegrating) and installed new rear shocks under it...and replaced the front axles (once again...I seem to only get about 20k out of 'em, we all know that aftermarket axles are garbage, plus I'm kinda' abusive-that is to say I drive the hell outta' my scoobytruck)

I pulled apart the cancer-ridden '85 BRAT GL I had picked up for $800 (both frame rails were completely rotted through, the rear diff. was hanging from a ratchet strap, hahahaha!). A fair price, I felt, considering he threw in a 100 mile trailer tow... From it I snatched a good running hydro. motor (I'm gonna' steal the heads for my Hi-Pro EA81 build that's in the works), a D/R 4-speed, and all the good spare parts I could grab-including a Gen.2 push-bumper and a low-profile topper, the sliding rear windows and Halo T-tops, all kinds of hard to replace items :grin:

I hate sending the skeleton to the shredder, but that BRAT would never be roadworthy again...:horse:

...at least I salvaged everything that was worth saving. Perhaps by being an organ donor, it may help keep my venerable '84 on the road for a long, long time to come

Gave my '91 XT-GL to my 18 y.o. son when he came home from BASIC and AIRBORNE school at Ft. Benning. He promptly had a power steering line blow apart, :eek: so we had to replace that (before all the fluid spraying on the cat set the car ablaze).

Put a wet-sanding on the XT-6, and primed it flat black. 'Cos nothing else says, "guys, I'm trying" quite like a shot-coat of primer. You can hardly see the holes in the front fenders now :lol:

The Beautiful One somehow lost the rubber gasket that belongs under the oil filler cap from her '94 Toyota Corolla. The lil' 1.8L T-type motor blew out most of its' crankcase oil out onto the valve cover and exhaust manifold. It made alot of smoke which scared her enough that she stopped driving and called me to road-rescue her...I love being her Hero - esp. when the fix is that easy :banana:

Oh, and Friday night after work, I put the push-bumper on the BRAT. Wow, it looks really, really good.

I went racing Saturday here is a photo and I'll be posting videos as soon as they finish uploading.

DSCN0664.jpg

just incase you didn't know how a Suby launches with sticky tires

run #2 not doing as well as I wanted but not bad 3rd place at the time but 4th is 10 sec back

Edited by vagen

Put '94 Legacy seats in, pounded out that dent more, and painted the hood flat black.

2010_0502Test0014.jpg

2010_0502Test0012.jpg

2010_0502Test0013.jpg

2010_0502Test0016.jpg

2010_0502Test0020.jpg

-Tom

Ummmm...

I hate to burst your bubble, but that's a 95 model.

It may have been built in 94, but its a 95 model.

Anywho looks like you're doing good work :)

And can it really be a trashwagon if Miles doesn't own it?

Twitch

Ummmm...

I hate to burst your bubble, but that's a 95 model.

It may have been built in 94, but its a 95 model.

Anywho looks like you're doing good work :)

And can it really be a trashwagon if Miles doesn't own it?

Twitch

He said the seats came out of a 94.

And Miles used to own it.

Rob is part right, I took these seats out of a '94 Turbo Sedan that Fox was stripping, So they went into my "1995 Legacy L Outback"

But, Fox did not used to own this car. He picked it up and I paid him for it. And yes it can be a Trashwagon if MilesFox doesn't own it. I'm trying to get the "Alliance" going again with Fox and a few other gents :)

-Tom

I swapped out a knuckle with better bearings on the driver's side front, so no more grinding! (thanks again Bill) Oh, and earlier that day I did this:

4.jpg

And today I changed the burned out back-up bulb and license plate bulbs.

Edited by SubaruWagon87

found that sticker on this website.

http://www.indysworld.com/decals/

on the left scroll down till you see wagon thing. seems to be quite a few versions of that sticker.....girlfriend wants one for her wagon as well. looks like it will soon be time to spend a little money....lol

did you make this? i love it. must have one...

how could i get one?