Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

put in solenoid from an old ford truck today. seeems strange but no more click click when i turn the key. starts everytime.

but in turn found out the driver side came pully is bent. got to find another

one and swap it out. still idles funny.:-\

slowly it has come back from it year and half coma.:rolleyes:

attached few pics for anyone intrested.

post-17377-136027641418_thumb.jpg

post-17377-136027641424_thumb.jpg

post-17377-13602764143_thumb.jpg

post-17377-136027641435_thumb.jpg

post-17377-13602764144_thumb.jpg

Edited by dragonfire
all wrong .... lol

put the cheapest HD Radio deck that JVC makes in my XT without making it look too terrible. had to leave the tape deck in or i'd ruin the 80's awesomeness :lol:

no pics until photobucket falls off the failboat :confused:

Been chasing a frontend vibration on the '85 BRAT. Came and went depending what road/section of road I was on. Would literarly shake the steeringwheel out of my hand at times.

Looked at all of the usual suspects, just didn't look at the tires themselves that hard. Until this last Wednesday.

Found DS front and PS rear tires had broken belts. Bad wear marks on about 1/3rd of the tread area.

Swapped DS rear to DS front, put a couple good tires on the rear. No more vibration....

No need for 4WD right now, so tire difference F/R ain't an issue.

Going to do a 6-lug conversion on it. Get away from the 13" tires that are getting hard to find around here.

Fixed the front camber on the Beast with new front lift blocks, so now I see just how bad the negative camber in the rear really is :lol: But that will get fixed with the striaght axle swap. Swapped to 6-lug, got rid of some of the vibration at speed, but I need an alignment and a re-balance for the tires. Fixed the mufflers again so they don't hit the carrier bearing drop block, and moved my wiper fluid container to the inner strut tower instead of inside the fender so it's out of harm's way

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

Next is to go get it dirty at the mud bog!

-Bill

I waxed the Legacy today for the first time, and wow the paint is nice. I also changed the PCV and cleaned the hose leading to that and all other air intake hoses (Most had oil build up in them)

I also painted the intake boot its self (Yes I know) I painted it red, Looks kinda cool in there in a non ricer way :grin:

Nabbed a 95 Legacy LSI sedan from my sister recently. 160k, needed a tranny..auto sadly but the price was right and she treated the car really well. Found a tranny on the Craigs for $150 with 150K on it and slapped it in there. Good to go...for awhile. Maybe put in a 5spd when this one bombs.

I bypassed the evap Canister after the new one did the same leaking as the old one. Figured out how to do it on the fly (wasn't hard, just plug all 4 lines)

Replaced the starter.

Cleaned off all the bow hunter decals so I can add my new ones.

Figured out how to drop the idle RPMs from 3K to 1.5K

Now I need to get under it and patch the floorboard behind the seats. 55gal barrel plastic works wonders.

Destroyed my JDM EA81 driving home from the mud bogs... Extreme overheating from no air flow at all in the radiator... I know, dumb************ move on my part for not checking it... Engine still runs, with 2 blown headgaskets and severe rod knock, and who know's what else... It's all good, it's getting replaced with a built Hi-Po EA81 soon :banana:

I had a great time and the Beast did pretty awesome in the mud this time, only had to get pulled out 1 time :grin: and beat 2 rigs in heads-up mud racing :banana:

Here I got stuck for a minute when the motor sucked a lot of water, but I was able to limp it out without a tow

IMG_0503.jpg

I didn't get much for pictures, as I was driving, but my buddy did get some vids and they will be up soon.

Here's what my car looked like this morning

IMG_0509.jpg

Clogged radiator

IMG_0514.jpg

My engine bay, even though I had my hood on, it STILL got completely mud drenched. I am devising some mods to fix this though, and it should be all better by next year

IMG_0513.jpg

-Bill