Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I resealed the oil pump, replaced the front crank seal, oil pan and valve cover gaskets. Replaced that leaking PIA bypass hose on the top of the water pump. Cleaned the blown oil grime off of everything and anything I could touch. I wire wheeled and painted what needed painting (oil pan.) While I was waiting for parts, I replaced the plugs, wires, cap and rotor.

What did I get for my troubles? Skinned knuckles, sore muscles, and a grin so big it almost won't fit on my face. :grin:

I took it for a spin, and it's dry as a bone. No leaks anywhere :banana:. The only smell was that of engine paint getting hot for the first time. No oil on my exhaust for the first time since I've had the car.

This has been an ongoing project I started about a week ago, tinkering here and there. My gaskets came in yesterday so today was the big push.

And a good day it was :)

Dan

Thats Awesome ! gonna putty that in and smooth it out ? for a more professional look :cool:

BTW

were do you get these chrome letters and such ? i need some for my XT6

-John

no im gonna black out the background and leave it.. the point was to fill the dip with the letter making it look "stock" to the average person (not a subaru nut)... i got them off ebay for next to nothin.. good deal on my part:) i went to clean my other one (the actual stock one) i left it in a bowl of cleaner on the porch and came back to find it broken in half??

Edited by True2Blue

no im gonna black out the background and leave it.. the point was to fill the dip with the letter making it look "stock" to the average person (not a subaru nut)... i got them off ebay for next to nothin.. good deal on my part:) i went to clean my other one (the actual stock one) i left it in a bowl of cleaner on the porch and came back to find it broken in half??

thats cool to.

i new youd say Ebay :rolleyes:. everyone sais EBAY. lol

hmmm thats weird. when reading it i thought you were gonna say the chrome came off the letter. but broken in half ? thats weird.

I'll check out ebay.

-John

thats cool to.

i new youd say Ebay :rolleyes:. everyone sais EBAY. lol

hmmm thats weird. when reading it i thought you were gonna say the chrome came off the letter. but broken in half ? thats weird.

I'll check out ebay.

-John

well that too the chrome plating peeled back and alge grew under the badge..

ebay isnt all that bad.. i pay instantly with paypal and i never put money in my paypal account. since my debit card is linked to it, it charges my debit through paypal

and my badge was insured all the way from Hon Kong

I topped off Xandra with 2 quarts of oil after she decided to smokescreen my

buddy's house.

So after I did I added some lucas oil stabilizer (don't vilify me) as my last shot

at sealing the rings back up.

All this is just to increase the time I have to rebuild my other short block.

So yeah, Xandra is going down :(

On to the BRAT!!!

I'm pretty much desperate at this point so, does anybody have any decent rear

discs or drums just sitting around?

Because almost all of my JY hits are grinding or I can't get them off :-\

Twitch

I.. fixed my exhaust leak! I ended up yanking out the old muffler and doing a strait pipe from the coupling behind the tire. (basically strait pipe from cat back)

The P.O. did an interesting job of using a series of 4 U-Bolt clamps on one end of the muffler and 2 on the other side just to put a throwdown pipe.. and was still a foot short of the tail. Meh, Pictures!

27713_10150196030705727_702300726_12694463_94471_n.jpg

27713_10150196030680727_702300726_12694462_5052550_n.jpg

27713_10150196030660727_702300726_12694461_249167_n.jpg

No Exhaust leak! Now i can drive with my windows down and not get a super High or Migrane!

Dude, Bill NICE!!! I already liked your rig.. and now.. damn. Why do the 'roos look so sexy caked in mud?

And tom, nice job on the bumper, just need to smooth out the fender and itll look stock!

-Justin

-Justin

Edited by crazyman03
added text

The following items are new on my Subaru:

- Ignition Switch

- Ignition Coils

- Battery

- Wiper Blades

- Upper Radiator Hose

- Spark Plug Cables

- Some vacuum tubes that were blowing air but were covered by my spare so I had no idea

- Alternator

And now, probably a radiator cap, lower radiator hose, and anything else that might be causing my radiator hoses to keep spewing coolant.

Work in progress. :)

well, i got a 96 leggy...

automatic.

minor motor mods:

k&n air filter

k&n oil filter

royal purp fully syn oil

bought a chip off ebay... maf sensor yada yada. i got jewed lol

suspension:

97 outback struts

2 1/2" spring spacers

total its up around 3" :)

i also have 3 kc daylighters i custom fitted to my roof rack, complete with illuminated switch on the inside lol. love it

recently:

Front brakes; rotors pads, rebuilt pass caliper, hell of a time getting my hands on new caliper hardware kit(spring clips) and drivers side ball joint.

no more squeaky brakes :banana:

no death wobble at freeway speed when brakes applied.:eek:

planned:

no more noisy lifters and no more oil leaks :horse:

oil pump

timing belts

h2o pump

cam seals

rocker cover gaskets

i brought my wagon to school today for an impromptu brake inspection, turns out that the old wheeler cylinders leak like a colander hit with buckshot. That's where my brake fluid went!

Anyway, i replaced them, and the shoes, flushed the brake system, changed the oil and installed my rear axles.

wagon%20on%20a%20lift.jpg