Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

lets see......bought it last night, picked it up today.

changed oil, adjusted clutch, flushed coolant system, changed therostat, new pads, rotors, and shoes, new valve cover gaskets. looked it over, and made plans to pull motor for complete reseal/time belt change.

Allrighty.... Well, I've been off the board awhile 'cause the XT was down, haven't touched the turbo coupe and haven't done anything with the Brat except use it for camping. So, after the rebuilding of the sunroof in my 87.5 XT GL10 (unicorn) I got to drive it twice before it lost a rod. Second time, same cylinder, brand new crank and rods. Wasn't happy. Decided I was done with E18's. For the last year, I've been piecing everything together for an EJ22 swap and I spent less than $500 to do it. I now have everything to do it. Not just a standard swap... NA EJ22 with a turbo add on that will run 6-8lbs of boost, a knock light, a 16 pass oil cooler with AN8 fittings to match the adapter, a stock Subie AWIC set up that will also cool the turbo instead of using the engine to do it (and I just snagged another AWIC off Evil Bay today) All new plumbing for the intercooler, bigger injectors, boost controller with built in timer, nitrous shot controller at 0psi (still deciding on whether or not to use THAT feature :grin:) and another 12v controlled output for whatever... Got a 4 gauge pillar pod, AFR, EGT, oil temp and pressure guages. A new Pioneer USB/bluetooth deck, speakers and amps. It's amazing the things you can barter for! Lucky for me, I didn't get a chance to install all the interior trim after the sunroof escapade. Still looking for an LSD 3.70 diff, but it's gonna run without it. Someone was kind enough to lend me their completed wiring harness to speed up building mine, so once I'm done with that, I start assembling! Should be in the next couple of weeks... :banana:

Uhh guys i dont want to pee in anyones pool. It has more clerance and a solid front axel. And you can put on 31inch tires right from the getgo. If it has a 5 speed its perfect. The aftermarket is huge on those. Inline 6 was one of the best engines ever made. If i was looking for a cheep wheeler thats where i would go. I love my suby, but the benefits of wheeling a stock jeep cherokee vs a stock subaru are kinda not even close. IM just saying, but if i didnt love my subaru i wouldnt still own it.

Especially Laredo's/ Cherokee's. Those are some of the worst Jeeps ever made. At least get a old CJ or something if you are stuck on jeeps.

CJs make terrible daily drivers. As Dude said, it's just a better 'wheeling machine. If I were to take the stock Subie on some of my favorite woodsy trails, I'd probably kill it. The stock Cherokee wouldn't even be strained... hell, it might not even realize it's off road!

CJs make terrible daily drivers. As Dude said, it's just a better 'wheeling machine. If I were to take the stock Subie on some of my favorite woodsy trails, I'd probably kill it. The stock Cherokee wouldn't even be strained... hell, it might not even realize it's off road!

Woa Woa Woa, now i didnt say that. Subarus buy themselves are very capable in stock form. But youve got to do alot of custom work to get them to be at stock cherokee. But as far as them being capable offroad.

Just Watch.

HAHAHAHA! Must be a Wisconsin thing lol.. I can't beleive it! someone else from WI!! Whooot! what do ya drive? This is ground breaking :banana:

-Tom :)

i have a 92 loyale 3at as well. just picked it up recently, 103k original miles, i think its needing timing belts though, been hesitating and such, from what i've searched on here, timin belts seem to be the culprit.

I'm in Milwaukee on the south side, my car is dark gray (?) and usually has gravel dust on the sides from the road to the dog park. lol.

Do you know the guy in the area with the white loyale all jacked up with a light bar and such on the top? a buddy of mine saw it and was tellin me how awesome it was.

What did i do to my soob lately: added a half quart of oil

Woa Woa Woa, now i didnt say that. Subarus buy themselves are very capable in stock form. But youve got to do alot of custom work to get them to be at stock cherokee.

well that's what I was trying to say. A stock Subie and Stock XJ cherokee cost about the same used, but the XJ is going to be a better 'wheeler without any mods.

well that's what I was trying to say. A stock Subie and Stock XJ cherokee cost about the same used, but the XJ is going to be a better 'wheeler without any mods.

No matter how better a 'wheeler it is, its still a gas sucking Chrysler product that breaks alot.

AND no matter how you put it, It's still not a Subaru!:lol:

I would consider buying a different brand ORV, but I would NEVER trade a running Subaru for one!:-\

i have a 92 loyale 3at as well. just picked it up recently, 103k original miles, i think its needing timing belts though, been hesitating and such, from what i've searched on here, timin belts seem to be the culprit.

I'm in Milwaukee on the south side, my car is dark gray (?) and usually has gravel dust on the sides from the road to the dog park. lol.

Do you know the guy in the area with the white loyale all jacked up with a light bar and such on the top? a buddy of mine saw it and was tellin me how awesome it was.

What did i do to my soob lately: added a half quart of oil

Thats cool, yea you might be a tooth off on the T-belts and that could be it, or maybe the IAC or MAF is dirty.

It wouldn't happen to be a Sedan, would it? Cause I've seen a dark gray sedan once around downtown (Old world 3st) when I had to go to the Coby abbot building. As for the white one, no havn't seen it. I don't go in milwaukee much or atall. My mom did see a dull light blue EA82 wagon a few times in her parking lot at work by state fair. I don't see very many if any old Subarus :( one or two wagons from time to time (Old people driving them Lol)

Well, If you ever see mine, be sure to beep your horn, flick your lights, yell. whatever it takes lol (Beleive me, you can't miss me Lol) Pictures in my profile :)

btw, T-belts are fairly easy to do, Miles Fox has a great right up about it and other things on http://www.Trashwagon.com He was also in Milwaukee and Butler.

-Tom

O K Heres mine, 2 1st gen brats, swapped regulators, hot wired both fuel pumps, gotta love electrical gremlins all this just so we could go get some stinking firewood:mad::banana:. 2 SVX's swapped both front seats, installed drivers visor, swapped power antennas, swapped both front brakes, installed alt pwer /stearing cover, put on 2 car covers, gotta keep those babes protected:lol:. 1st gen legacy, resealed oil pump/cam seals timing belt, now it needs front wheel bearing:-\, good thing its cold, oh well what else am I gona do? If it aint broke fix it till it is:horse:, not my quote but I like it.............G

There is no way in hell, that a stock cherokee will go through that with out beating the crap out of it, yes you might make it but it would look bent after you where done, and as for a stock Subaru, other than over sized tires one guy has made it in a stock one with no one pull the whole trail, open diff and no lift, start to finish.

Not only that you could drive everywhere in the world with a lifted XJ and get all your parts from JC Whitney and no one would even notice, In a lifted Subaru that separates the Men from the dudes who know how to bolt on a fender flare, We make our parts, our lifts are made with our own hands, steel in the raw form, constructed to make a car capable of doing things it shouldn't do, I can see that you are a fender flair bolt on kinda guy. every thing needs to be moded to do the right job, and I think that Subaru's are one of the hard corest of the wheeling community just for that fact...........................

have you ever even wheeled? I'm thinking that you have not wheeled hard enough to know what a real offroad trail is.......................

Try here

http://www.naxja.org/forum/

Jeff

Jeff

Hell yeah, you go Jeff!! Thats the glory of wheeling a Subaru, people will think you won't make it, and then you've reached the top while the Jeep guys have shered U-joints like mad.

Lift Subarus are awesome cause it shows you arn't some pretty boy that needs everything to fit inorder for it to work.

-Tom