Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

changed oil pan gasket on whitey. found water leak. right where i thought it was, the water pump. stay tuned.

also discovered why whitey chokes out sometimes: hitachi crap. i ziptied the flapper pretty close to shut (2000RPM idle now) to get home. sweet.

RV

Today I disguised those unsightly rust holes in the back quarter's of my Loyale. Waiting for the expanding foam to cure right now. The label on the can say's it's very sticky stuff. I sure hope so. I'll need some firm gripping adhesion to hold my textured vinyl patche's in place. The liquid nails helped a little. Now I just have to get some matching paint. I might shoot it with some flat black first to see what it look's like.

mine is currently at the mechanic for inspection. They need to replace the rear breaks and muffler they said. Brakes did look iffy but the muffler is fine. :mad: It had a slight crack down the seam and they wont pass it. Jerks. I told them to toss on the cheapest one they got.

mine is currently at the mechanic for inspection. They need to replace the rear breaks and muffler they said. Brakes did look iffy but the muffler is fine. :mad: It had a slight crack down the seam and they wont pass it. Jerks. I told them to toss on the cheapest one they got.

They couldn't just weld down the crack and fix it!? Lame.

They couldn't just weld down the crack and fix it!? Lame.

A mechanic isn't going to weld up your old part, they are only going to replace it, thats their job. Charge you as much as possible for crap you don't even need. I don't even have mufflers on either of my Subarus. But then again, I don't live in PA where they have vehicle inspection. Hell, WI doesn't even have emissions for vehicles 1995 and older (OBD-I systems)

'88 GL Wagon;

Un-did the PO's rework of the strut towers and bolted in the XT6 struts.

Dropped the modded engine crossmember out, and removed the HH so I could clean up the mess from brake fluid.

Installed an XT6 engine crossmember after drilling the proper mounting hole on each side.

Located items to install a good EA82 PS rack, but may opt to install the XT6 one.

Got the XT6 knuckles assemblies ready to be installed, complete with control arms and radius rods.

Made sure I knew where the new motor and trans mounts were.

Sure wish I had the money for a 4" lift kit right now. (sigh)

But it was nice to have a warm garage to work in again. :)

Today I disguised those unsightly rust holes in the back quarter's of my Loyale. Waiting for the expanding foam to cure right now. The label on the can say's it's very sticky stuff. I sure hope so. I'll need some firm gripping adhesion to hold my textured vinyl patche's in place. The liquid nails helped a little. Now I just have to get some matching paint. I might shoot it with some flat black first to see what it look's like.

That is a great idea! wow, Will have to see how it holds up (I dont have a rust problem in my main brat (Texas) but my trailer brat is rusted bad..., I will try this... Where did you get the vinyl?

-Daniel