Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

nice horns man! lol

well, the engine build is well under way, engine came out today, stipped all the bits off it a want, such as the dual port heads, and alll that shizzle, and the new block with the uprated cam was put together as well, should be all in and running by the end of this week, all finished off with a full stainless, 1 1/2 - 2 - 2 1/2 exhuast system with 2 boxes, should be alright! haha! piccys of the progress will be posted tomoz

Edited by backinbrat

Allrighty.... Well, I've been off the board awhile 'cause the XT was down, haven't touched the turbo coupe and haven't done anything with the Brat except use it for camping. So, after the rebuilding of the sunroof in my 87.5 XT GL10 (unicorn) I got to drive it twice before it lost a rod. Second time, same cylinder, brand new crank and rods. Wasn't happy. Decided I was done with E18's. For the last year, I've been piecing everything together for an EJ22 swap and I spent less than $500 to do it. I now have everything to do it. Not just a standard swap... NA EJ22 with a turbo add on that will run 6-8lbs of boost, a knock light, a 16 pass oil cooler with AN8 fittings to match the adapter, a stock Subie AWIC set up that will also cool the turbo instead of using the engine to do it (and I just snagged another AWIC off Evil Bay today) All new plumbing for the intercooler, bigger injectors, boost controller with built in timer, nitrous shot controller at 0psi (still deciding on whether or not to use THAT feature :grin:) and another 12v controlled output for whatever... Got a 4 gauge pillar pod, AFR, EGT, oil temp and pressure guages. A new Pioneer USB/bluetooth deck, speakers and amps. It's amazing the things you can barter for! Lucky for me, I didn't get a chance to install all the interior trim after the sunroof escapade. Still looking for an LSD 3.70 diff, but it's gonna run without it. Someone was kind enough to lend me their completed wiring harness to speed up building mine, so once I'm done with that, I start assembling! Should be in the next couple of weeks... :banana:

Its ok to throw my name out there :D

get a willys

We finally agree on something :rolleyes:

Thats cool, yea you might be a tooth off on the T-belts and that could be it, or maybe the IAC or MAF is dirty.

It wouldn't happen to be a Sedan, would it? Cause I've seen a dark gray sedan once around downtown (Old world 3st) when I had to go to the Coby abbot building. As for the white one, no havn't seen it. I don't go in milwaukee much or atall. My mom did see a dull light blue EA82 wagon a few times in her parking lot at work by state fair. I don't see very many if any old Subarus :( one or two wagons from time to time (Old people driving them Lol)

Well, If you ever see mine, be sure to beep your horn, flick your lights, yell. whatever it takes lol (Beleive me, you can't miss me Lol) Pictures in my profile :)

btw, T-belts are fairly easy to do, Miles Fox has a great right up about it and other things on http://www.Trashwagon.com He was also in Milwaukee and Butler.

-Tom

Nah, mines a wagon, usually parked downtown behind the Hyatt. I was hoping to do the timing belts before it got cold... looks like i might be a little late! i'll look for ya man!

do the cops care your rear plate is not clear, due to tire mount.

Lol, I thought about that when I put the bumper on. So far no one seems to care or notice. thats one reason I'm not gonna put a spare tire on it, I'll juts mount it in the rack Safari style :banana:

I mean its not really blocked, you can see 926 RCN, so they can (you know what) Haha. Speaking of cops, I got pulled over for not having the covers on my top lights :rolleyes: Can't do anything these days. I'm supprized they don't say a lift is not street leagle :lol:

-Tom