Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

lol the car is out of breath at that speed I have yet to hit 110 in my car but I've hit 105.

Really, the car is not out of breather at 100mph/4000rpm. I can still go more, but didn't want to push it harder with an old leaking waterpump and timing belt with 200k tensioners.

Maybe you should ungrade to an UEL header, seems to give you move pull at higher speeds. Is yours duel-port EJ22?

Really, the car is not out of breather at 100mph/4000rpm. I can still go more, but didn't want to push it harder with an old leaking waterpump and timing belt with 200k tensioners.

Maybe you should ungrade to an UEL header, seems to give you move pull at higher speeds. Is yours duel-port EJ22?

I already got UEL headers and mine is a dual port.

at 100 MPH I think my car is around 4300.. the manual is geared higher then the auto I know that.

plus I've got two speeding tickets (under 100) and don't need anymore.. I was happy enough my car ins went down when I turned 26 :D

I already got UEL headers and mine is a dual port.

at 100 MPH I think my car is around 4300.. the manual is geared higher then the auto I know that.

plus I've got two speeding tickets (under 100) and don't need anymore.. I was happy enough my car ins went down when I turned 26 :D

Yea mine puts out a bit more torque being an Auto.

I think I could get up to 100mph a little quicker if I didn't have the lights and the lift on it.

Edited by TheLoyale

My 1996 Outback tops out at 110mph. Stock exhaust, even still has BOTH cats. I think with some opened up exhaust and maybe even a little rework to the heads should hit 120 ya think? Mine's a 5spd.

Anyway back on subject. In the process of doing a complete reseal on my 5spd d/r EA82 TOURING wagon. Recently I've been driving it more, way more fun to drive than the Outback. May retire the Outback for a while after I get this beast in PERFECT running order. Maybe even stick the sway-bar rear end I've got sitting around under there. And some disc brakes MAYBE. My aunt will probably end up with this car, she's in desperate need for a Soob. I may keep all these extra parts for a wagon of my own... so many possibilities. I love it.

My 1996 Outback tops out at 110mph. Stock exhaust, even still has BOTH cats. I think with some opened up exhaust and maybe even a little rework to the heads should hit 120 ya think? Mine's a 5spd.

My 96 legacy is governed at 112 or something around there.

i sold my 1987 Subaru GL station wagon with the 1.8 liter EA82 carb, and the guy who bought it drove it from Kennewick, WA to Spokane, WA the second day of owning it, and the timing belt failed. i feel like a jack rump roast.

Unless you misrepresented what had been done to the car, the onus is on him, not you.

The only way to "know" if something has been done is to do it yourself. Otherwise it's a roll of the dice to drive 150 miles right off the bat.

Dan

i sold my 1987 Subaru GL station wagon with the 1.8 liter EA82 carb, and the guy who bought it drove it from Kennewick, WA to Spokane, WA the second day of owning it, and the timing belt failed. i feel like a jack rump roast.

HAha AHHAHAh AHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! (pee wee hermin laugh) Guess what, I got my car down here, then got it licensed and GUESS WHAT! Same thing happened to me, timing belt failed.... Just got my license, stuck in a turn lane in a busy intersection about 20 feet from my house.