Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to board, Some Info on my excellent find!

Hey everyone,

Glad I found a Subaru message board, since I got my new (to me)

Subaru. I live In Metuchen NJ and am 18 years old. Also with the Volunteer Fire Dept. Washington Hose CO. Station 47

Heres the car and story.

After I totaled my 1990 Bronco II, I had to find another car. I Was looking at a 85' T-Bird to buy, but the guy who was selling it was giving me a hassle trying to find the title. So after 3 weeks past Im driving along this country road and this car catches my eye, and I saw a for sale sign in the window!

Pulled over and looked at this incredibly clean 1994 Loyale Wagon 4x4!

Went up to talk to the guy, (thinking I couldnt afford it) he was a 75 year old man who's wife owned the car and just past away. He couldnt take care of it anymore.

The car was Garaged 95% of it's life, and saw little rain or snow. Not one spot of rust on the whole vehicle, the interior is as clean as it was when it rolled of the line. (so is the undercarriage) Back seats where never used and has only 91k miles on the 1.8.

He had just put in 2,900 worth of work into the car last month. (tires, brakes, cv boots and joints, most 4x4 components, camshaft, new head ect.) Just because it hit 90k miles!!!

He had only had the car in front of his house for less than 3 hours before I stopped and talked with him. I made him an offer of 1,500 and he handed me the keys!

I was extremely suprised to find out how well this car handled, even though its an automatic, it still putts along once shes warmed up.

Its a perfect size for me too, hold plenty in the trunk, and can fit my CB radio, Beacon light, fishing poles and what not!

Ill be taking pics of it soon, hopefully tomorrow, and ill post them on here.

So far I really Love my Subaru and am very happy with it.

Any Info about this specific model and what to expect let me know. Thanks for Reading!

Welcome to the board. You will find lots of good people here with tons of info. In my opinion, some folks here should be featured on The Discovery Channel "Monster Garage", they are that good fabricating mods.

I am also in NJ, down in Englishtown. 86 Brat

Awesome, My grandpa lives in Howell, about 10 min from you.

Im always down there wrenching on my cars, since he has a garage, Plus its a great area to ride dirtbikes quads ect..

Englishtown is great I love driving around looking for stuff people sell, especially at the swap meets they have, havnt been there but looks awesome!

NJ is a great place to live if you're a USMB member. Twice a year (in the past 2 years) we have a big get-together in the NJ Pine barrens. We usually spend the day driving the trails and hanging out. You're cordially invited next time we go! 94 Loyales are quite rare- at that point most people just opted for the Impreza. I love that dark green color they offered in 93 and 94. Once again, welcome to the board!

Lucky beast!

It took me 8 months to find a similar car in Vancouver, and then it cost $6800! You wouldn't believe the crap I saw for even more money, either.

Too bad it has the automatic. However, you will soon see on this board that that is easily fixed.