Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello USMB

Hi my name is James and I just registered. I'll be lurking around but thought I'd at least introduce myself as my first post. I was turned on to the site by Baccaruda who is a good friend of mine.

Even though I've never owned a Soobie; I've always been somewhat of an enthusiast. I'm partial to the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Leone Wagons as well as the late 90's 2.5RS and some of the early 2000's WRXs and STIs.

I hope to glean a lot of information off the MB and figured that registering was the best way to get access to that information and such. I'm also hoping to acquire my 1st Soob from the classifieds. Hopefully a well cared for Gen 2. Funds aren't currently available but I'll be squirreling every available penny to get a winter worthy AWD Soobie hopefully within 2 1/2 months.

I'm a fan of Off Road Rally and someday plan to attend an event SCCA or otherwise. This is probably where my love of all things AWD originates from,...perhaps it was the hour long recaps of FIA WRC on Speed TV before they went all Nascar. Maybe also the hours spent playing Collin McRae on the PS1,...there just something about passenger cars racing on old dirt logging roads. Going places cars aren't meant to go.

I play bass guitar and have a bunch of gear to haul around which is why I require a wagon of some sort. I frequent the talkbass forums and have had good luck with transactions there for hard to find effects and amps. I'm sure cars are a bit different but with some luck perhaps something in my area will come up,....or ROADTRIP!!!!

I work at a local artisan bakery call Petit Chat. I call my self the Mix Master although I'm really just a Grasshopper. In addition to mixing the doughs and baking the breads off I'm responsible for delivering some of our breads to a local grocery store and a restaurant so again,...sounds like a good job for a DL Wagon.

I love hockey and the Philadelphia Flyers as Philly (Rural) is where my family hails from (Pottstown PA).

Anyway,...it will be a bit before I'm actively involved and contributing on the forums but in the meantime,...thanks to all the members, mods and admin for having me,...and thanks for a wonderful site.

~James

:)

Welcome aboard, James. You've found a great place here. Now go get that wagon so you can ask lotsa' questions.

And don't let Twitch give you a hard time--there's nothing at all wrong with Spokanity. My daughter and her husband live there so we get up there once in awhile.

:banana: Another Spokanite! All right!!!

Welcome to the board, I'm the village Psycho, whackjob, whatever.

Glad to see you on the board and I hope you can find a good wagoon to use!

I have a 87 GL I wanna dum- I mean get rid of... :-p

Twitch

Thanks Twitch, hows the hemorrhoids? ;)

Got any linkspam/pics for your GL? I'd love some soobie pron if nothing else. :D

Welcome aboard, James. You've found a great place here. Now go get that wagon so you can ask lotsa' questions.

And don't let Twitch give you a hard time--there's nothing at all wrong with Spokanity. My daughter and her husband live there so we get up there once in awhile.

No Worries. Seems to be a lot of Northwesterners on the boards. I like the odds of picking up something neat. Gotta get the cash together though. Save Save Save,...budget and Save.

I've been around the block a bit when it comes to internet forums so I have a pretty good grasp of forum etiquette and now not to take it too seriously. I can take a good hazing every now and then.

You're one of us now, lad.

Hey Man hows it going. Check you FB inbox ;)

Edited by warwick.hoy