Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'wheeler'.
Found 2 results
Got this hatch on 8th of January for $250 non running missing the carb, distributor, coil, starter, rear windows, a lot of the interior, some ac components, and the radiator. My plans are to fix it and have it as a farm/off road rig thats street legal, so something like a 6 inch lift, 6 lug hubs, and some 15's just to start with. Last weekend i started working on it and got it running by putting on all the missing parts but its only running on 3 cylinders with 30psi in cylinder #1. Could be a crack in the head, hole in piston, cracked valve, bad seat, blown head gasket ect.(tried adjusting vavle clearance and it didn't help) Just going to put in a spare ea81 i have and get it going because why spend money when you have 2 known to be good motors to drop in. Ironically i got this in Lebanon and a spare motor i have is also from there so i might as well put it in since it has a new clutch. Another one is i bought a 84 brat on january 4th then sold my 83 turbo wagon on the 5th and bought this on the 8th.
Hello everyone, it's been a long time. I had a great time at WCSS 15, and it was a great motivator for me to get back to work on my Brat. Here is a little history for everyone that may be new: I picked up the Brat in 98 after I got back from basic training. I started playing around with fixing it up, and then modding it a little here and there. In 2000 after I got home from a deployment to Saudi Arabia the real modding started when I picked up an imported Ozified 4" lift and put some "bigger" tires on. Around '02ish the USMB saw a great influx in the wheeling scene, we saw a lot of lift, tire mods, engine mods. I took a lot the ideas and started assembling them together, and after getting home from Egypt in '03 I tore the brat down to just the body. I built a 6" "framed" lift, to that I added a Nissan 720 pickup divorce t-case, a 5spd dual range trans fitted behind an ER27. The bed was bobbed a little over a foot and I built whole custom "slide off" front end. A year of tweaking and a couple coats of "Midnight Metallic Blue" paint and she made her way to her first WCSS (and my second), #6 in Hood River. She remained virtually untouched (no more modding) for over 6 years, with the only work being done was fixing what broke, which was of course every time I took it out I broke something. So in 2009 while I was in Iraq I decided that I wanted to make it more reliable, and able to handle more power, so I had my wife start looking for an early 80's Nissan 4wd pickup. When I got home in 2010 I had an 84 Nissan sitting in the driveway right behind the Brat. I started stripping apart the Nissan and then stripping apart the Brat. I had the cut the frame of the Nissan to put the rear tires under the wheel well Then came fitting the engine and trans, that was a bit of a challenge as the frame was designed for a straight 4 And that was where it sat for over a year. I got caught up with work, and other "hobbies" and doing a lot more "family stuff". So the Brat just sat in the driveway, half assembled, waiting. Then the show came a long, and seeing all the other Roo's playing in the mud got something coursing through my veins that had been missing for a while. I came home on Sunday, and that night I started working. Got the newly formed oil pan bolted in, then started working on the exhaust.it is a bit tight moving around in there, so had to get creative with the plumbing there, finished off the header pipe this last weekend. Once the rain lets up I'll get back to it, I hope to fire the engine again before the end of the month, then only a couple page list of things left to do.