Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Reversing 2.2 Intake Manifold "Beetle"

Does anyone know or have experience on Reversing the Intake Manifold on a Subaru 2.2 The engine is currently in my 1966 VW Beetle and the Air Intake faces forward, and due to space requirements I'm thinking of reversing the Intake manifold so it faces towards the rear. I’m told this can be done by reversing the Intake 180 degrees, but not sure if it’s as easy as just reversing the Intake or does it also involve doing something with the heads? If it matters the engine is a 1994 Subaru 2.2

Thanks

Thanks for the assisatance, and help.

When reversering the intake, can I just swing the intake 180 degrees, or do I have to do anything with the heads? I can relocate the Alternator and provide for mounting brackets for it. I have no need for power steering so that is where the Alternator will go. I just need to be SURE that I can just swing the Intake 180 degrees with out disturbing the heads?????????

Thanks

pull it off turn it around its fine ,I have seen other use the power steering pump for a auto pump it works a treat ! to get that oil through a oil cooler .I did this to our V8 toyota race car turn it around ( sorry off track a bit ) the porting ect works fine.

like I have said look up a few posts Aussie vee dubbers go to that it will save you heaps of time mate ,you have lots to learn and thats a great start and finish on that board ,see ya seagull

( Neil ) in the land down under were USA send jeeps why ? there no good to us !

Originally posted by Neil

pull it off turn it around its fine ,I have seen other use the power steering pump for a auto pump it works a treat ! to get that oil through a oil cooler .I did this to our V8 toyota race car turn it around ( sorry off track a bit ) the porting ect works fine.

like I have said look up a few posts Aussie vee dubbers go to that it will save you heaps of time mate ,you have lots to learn and thats a great start and finish on that board ,see ya seagull

( Neil ) in the land down under were USA send jeeps why ? there no good to us !

Neil.. Thanks for your assistance. I have checed Aussie and even seacrched there for Mates who have done this. I swear that, that is where I saw someone that who has done this in the past, but couldn't locate the guy. So I also have posted this message on Aussie, no replies yet. What was it that you meant abouve about using the power steering pump for a auto pump. Can you translate that from Aussie - Americano?

Thanks again, Dude. By the way you guys got some nice wheels down under.

I stayed up late to see if you were here .You did not fill out you home and state ect ,I think you would of got piles of replys any how we use the power steering pump conect it to the auto sump then this can pick up the oil and pass it through a oil cooler up the front on the car .

What is the box in the bug ? I think I may of made my mide up you had a auto ( I was ill last night & still am !!! )

I am doing a ej20 turbo in mine with a Renaul R30 5 speed close ratio lsd custom bellhouse ect ..

Iam here and on line

Neil= Seagull