Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4" lift kit build thread

Markus56

Well i know how im not installing my lift. Droppin the engine it is.:-\

You REALLY SHOULDN"T need to drop the engine for the 2" suspension lift you are doing. If you have to..... SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG...... :eek::grin:

The engine being removed is usually for people doing the 4" or bigger crossmember lift. Ditching the engine just makes it ALOT easier to move the crossmember around to line up all the blocks. It would be a nightmare to do without removing it. I'm sure there are people who "have done it", but, I'm sure they also eat coal and **** diamonds...:rolleyes::)

Walker anyone? Im going to take the 3Door on the next outin and I can do a friday its been to long

I know I'm out....................... I cant do anything till June, or if I get a new job I can go before that................

Jeff

• 5 months later...

Is this thing done now? I think I painted my home made lift the same shade of blue. why? I don't know...I did eventually link all the blocks with 1" square tube. The way you did your strut towers looks far superior to my monkey bar arrangement on my wagon. Did you get your new axles? I have 4 spares if needed.

Is this thing done now? I think I painted my home made lift the same shade of blue. why? I don't know...I did eventually link all the blocks with 1" square tube. The way you did your strut towers looks far superior to my monkey bar arrangement on my wagon. Did you get your new axles? I have 4 spares if needed.

ya its pretty much done, Yohn took it wheeling a few times. Here are some pics!!

IMG_4244.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4269.jpg

Jeff