Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Going Old School!

I've been looking for the perfect beater car for the daily commute, Home Depot runs, camping, etc, etc, etc. My mechanic (Dale of simplysubie) had a cream-puff of a red '91 Loyale wagon 5-spd laying around that needed a rebuilt engine. The rebuilt engine is a carbureted EA82 with EFI pistons. The block has 135k miles and every seal, gasket, and belt has been replaced. The water pump and idlers are new. The exterior and interior is *mint*, given the fact that it's 19 years old; it was previously owned by a cute old lady. The engine is going in this weekend, and I collect next week. I'll snap some pics this weekend. :banana:

Here's a pic of my other ride...

7.png

I've been looking for the perfect beater car for the daily commute, Home Depot runs, camping, etc, etc, etc. My mechanic (Dale of simplysubie) had a cream-puff of a red '91 Loyale wagon 5-spd laying around that needed a rebuilt engine. The rebuilt engine is a carbureted EA82 with EFI pistons. The block has 135k miles and every seal, gasket, and belt has been replaced. The water pump and idlers are new. The exterior and interior is *mint*, given the fact that it's 19 years old; it was previously owned by a cute old lady. The engine is going in this weekend, and I collect next week. I'll snap some pics this weekend. :banana:

Here's a pic of my other ride...

7.png

Like the Forester...

• 9 months later...

I meant to edit my first post earlier, but I guess I quoted myself. lol Anyways, here are some pics of the Loyale during a camping trip earlier this year.

P1030473.jpg

P1030494.jpg

P1030515.jpg

The paint on the front of the car is fairly well chipped, so I painted the grille black this evening. It turned out pretty well, except for a small spot above the emblem, which I'll redo when I have time. I'll take pics soon. :)

Pics!!!

P1010907.jpg

P1010906.jpg

P1010903.jpg

P1010902.jpg

P1010901.jpg

P1010900.jpg

P1010904.jpg

P1010905.jpg

I focused on the interior yesterday, while Dale put in the motor. It'll be running today! I'll give it a good exterior detail and take some more pics. :)

Is that Dale who owns the shop in Hillsboro across from the private school? Great person to do this work for youl.

Is that Dale who owns the shop in Hillsboro across from the private school? Great person to do this work for youl.

Yep, that's Dale's shop! I live down the street about 1/2 mile away. I actually bought the car from Dale, after the shortblock was replaced. Great guy to work with - he's done all of the work on my FSXT, too, which is heavily modded.