Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Delta Cam

Delta Cam roll call

The vendor section seems pretty slow these days. Let's try to get some attention in here. How many people are running Delta Cams and which engine?

The vendor section seems pretty slow these days. Let's try to get some attention in here. How many people are running Delta Cams and which engine?

1. Qman, EA81 (2X), ER27 (2X), EJ25 (2X) plus several Chevrolet cams through the years.

PROUD to say Im running a Delta Cam torque-grind cam in my BRAT's EA81! :headbang:

As soon as I can gather another complete EA81... the HP grind will be next :banana:

PROUD to say Im running a Delta Cam torque-grind cam in my BRAT's EA81! :headbang:

As soon as I can gather another complete EA81... the HP grind will be next :banana:

How do you like the torque grind vs stock? I am assuming it is similar to a chevy V8 tow truck grind...

I am thinking about my EA71 rebuild.

Thanks.

OK, One more question, what RPM do you guys run when you do a HP grind??? 7 or 8k? Will the regrinds hold up under the pressure of racing valve springs?

-Daniel

Edited by danrenfroe2016
more!

Previously but sold cars:

97 Ej22 and Vanagon 2.2 swaps with the cams. Loved both and stuck with mild grinds but no noticable difference in idle.

So I would assume that you can do cams for any Subaru engine? Even a 2.5 turbo?

That is true. We have several grinds available.

Yes they can. I just spoke with them a minute ago about my EJ25D heads, and they also do work on wrx's and sti's.

Nice to talk with you today!

ej22 230 grind in ej25/ej22 high comp. ported heads and long tube headers, I love it!!

Hey Robert,

How are things these days. Been way too long since we all got together. Any plans on coming to this side? Is the number the same?

Ken

Had what ever the high end grind in phase 2 ej25 in a 90 legacy.

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!

I sold the car and miss that motor a lot.

Slowly putting another ej25 together and going to do the same combo again

What cams would you recommend for a ej22 dual port exhaust heads, im going to install UEL headers, high flow cat/catback, and 4.444 4eat tranny :banana:

Thanks Clay

What cams would you recommend for a ej22 dual port exhaust heads, im going to install UEL headers, high flow cat/catback, and 4.444 4eat tranny :banana:

Thanks Clay

What year engine? Are you using flat or roller type rockers?

Thank you. I will gather up the money. I will do that when I do my timing belt and water pump.

Will that give the car any lope? Also whats the gains from the 220 grind and rpm range too.

Thanks so much for your help.

Clay

It won't give it much of a lope. This is a torque style cam. We have a bigger HP cam but you will lose some of the low end torque.

Ken