Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wheelin in Medford! Feb 29th

I'll be driving my wagon up to see Adam, Tony and the gang. I have vacation aproved from Feb 28 through March 2nd.

Since I'll be ariving in Medford Feb 28th, it would probably be best to have the trip on Sunday the 29th. Unless there are enough people with a free Monday, we could go on the 1st.

Tony and Adam, do you guys know of some good places to do a full day of wheelin?

-Brian

bah, i need to move back to the ashland/medford area... used to have a ton-o-fun.. need to find a job there first tho..

always had my trucks/4wd's out at white city ponds, gettin stuck or laughin at my buddies gettin stuck, lol..

if i'da been into soobs like i am now and knew you all i prolly woulda stayed there

Sounds good to me, I'm always up for a good wheeling trip. Specially now that I have the front end lifted, and new tires!!! And the new suspension pieces got tested out on Thurs, they survived one heck of a thrashing. Lets get muddy!!! There are plently of places within 10-20 minutes of Tony's or my house (not too far between the two). And I'm sure that Sean is gonna wanna go out and try the new (ahem) clearence. Yeah, get up here while the mud is good and sloopy!!!

• 3 weeks later...

You guys might just make me drive up on Friday! :) heheh... I have a party for work on friday that wont get out till at least midnight. I can skip the whole thing, and be in Medford by 6pm Friday night, but that means im missing out on the party... and they give away ALOT of cool stuff.

Anyhow, either Friday or Saturday. most likely saturday, that way i can slap my bumpers on, do alittle wrenchin and get the rig ready to roll!

-Brian

Hey everyone, I'm back!! A little over a week in Paso Robles was almost more than I could handle. Although I did get to take my Hummer thrashin through some knarly tank trails!!! :headbang:

Fri or Sat huh Bri?? I get you some directions to my new place, it's real easy to find, and not too far from the freeway. (Actually closer than the old house in GP). Watch out on the passes though, when we were coming through today, it was getting slammed with some serious rain/snow and HEAVY winds. I mean my 13,000Lbs HumV was getting thrashed around, a little Soob would be like a kite.

I am seriously ready to get some wheelin on though!! We got a place planned out and whot not?? Oh yeah, Bri get with me so that you can get some digits.

Ohkay, here we go, this is a route map to get to my place.

You come off the free way, takeing the south Medford exit (33 I do believe). From the stop at the end of the offramp take a left, go over the freeway, and right on the other side is a light, take a left there. That puts you on Stewart, grab the right lane and follow Stewart all the way up to Newtown, there is a Chevron gas station on the opposite side as the turn you'll take. Take a right on Newtown and follow it almost all the way down, if you hit 11th street, you've gone too far, my driveway is caddy corner from 12th street.

adamap.jpg

Cool, i got tony's address so I'll probably just go straight to his pad if I arive on Saturday. If I show up on friday, i'll head up to Adams. Adam, PM on the way.

The car is like a sail boat with the rack on the top. and im planning on having 3 tires on the rack, and 2 tires in the rear of the car, with some other crap back there. Im affraid "peddle to the metal" only averages about 55-60mph, and about 35-50 through the pass. Giving me an average travel time of aprox 7 hours give or take. Thats if there are no problems that arise *knock on wood*.

-Brian