Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Im workin on now.....Update: IT LIVES!!!

Ooo bright Orange it even better! What brand paint did you use - Rustolium I assum?

I think it may withstand the heat. The pan doesn't really get to hot - I can still tought mine after driving high speeds for a distance. So we'll see haha.

-Tom

PS: I'm also color blind to some shades - So it might just be me lol.

Its Ace Rust-Stop, so I have no clue if it will withstand the heat, it doesnt have a rating for it anywhere on the can... Oh well :grin:

-Bill

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yesterday was not a very productive day at all. But, today, I lengthened both radius rods 1", modified some different control arms (the ones Im going to plate also will be getting Polyurethane bushings :banana:) and trimmed the front fenders. AND I FINALLY DROVE IT!!! Just a little around the house, it still needs the thermostat replaced (runs too cold) but it finally moved under its own power!

100_0160.jpg

100_0159.jpg

Look at my PERFECT CAMBER :banana:

100_0158.jpg

100_0157.jpg

100_0156.jpg

Still a ton of work left to do, but Im very happy with the progress right now :banana::banana::banana:

-Bill

Got the street tires on :banana: Not as aggressive appearing, but they ride a lot better.

10-25-09_1545.jpg

10-25-09_1546.jpg

10-25-09_1547.jpg

As for the 510 wagon, it has no title, I was going to make a buggy out of it at one point, but I lost the ambition. The body on it is rough, but it ran when I got it, just needs a radiator hose and a carb to get it running again...

-Bill

Still looks cool anyway! :headbang:

Haha a 510 buggy! that would be kewl.

btw, whats that wagon in the last pictrue? Can't see emblem, but looks like an Eagle emblem?

-Tom

That is an Eagle Medallion, basically a chrysler-imported version of a Renault something-or-other, also has no title. Has a 2.2 FWD auto, ran great last year but now it wont start...

-Bill

That is an Eagle Medallion, basically a chrysler-imported version of a Renault something-or-other, also has no title. Has a 2.2 FWD auto, ran great last year but now it wont start...

-Bill

Right, thanks for the refresher :)

Sorry for the rambling about other vehicles Lol :grin:

-Tom

Got the tail light problem figured out tonight, it was a combination of horrid wiring from a previous owner, and the plugs being exposed to water/mud from me hacking off the quarter panels... So I replaced all the plugs, and it seems to be fine, the tail light fuse doesnt blow anymore... The whole car is going to be re-wired eventually, there is too much half-rump roast work done to the harness from previous owners, that and I am swapping in a guage cluster from a 1980 wagon as well as wanting to eliminate completely the wiring for any circuits Im not using or going to use. But that will all come later.

The List (in no particular order):

-Fix driver side rear shock mount (broken bolt) and install the CORRECT shocks when they come

-Build front and rear bumpers Done!

-do some cleanup trimming on the front fenders

-clean and paint the body

-modify/enclose/reinforce the rear quarterpanels

-reinforce/enclose the rockers from the door to the framerails

-replace/reinforce the lower radiator support Done!

-build skid plate for the engine/exhaust/tranny

-build the new exhaust when the tubing comes

-replace the old 4 speed tranny mounts (new ones on the way) Done!

-replace windshield and gasket

-replace the lower control arms with reinforced ones

-rear disk brake swap

-weld the rear diff

-build 2 sets of EA81 hybrid axles with EA82 DOJ cups

-build skid plate for the rear diff/stubs/inner DOJ cups

-mount fog lights and some kind of winch Fog Lights Done!

-mount mudflaps of some kind Done (for now)

-Install CB radio

-setup Dual E-brake handles (halfway there :lol:)

-Bill

Edited by The Beast I Drive

Well, decided NOT to take this to Walker Valley on the 7th, its just not going to be ready, and the beast is already setup... So I dont have to rush/half-rump roast anything.

Finally got my shocks sent back and am awaiting the correct parts, as well as my exhaust bends so I can rebuild the exhaust.

I have done a little work on it lately, but I dont have any pics :-\

Got the front bumper about half made, just needs the pushbar part built now

Welded the bad hinge that broke off the tailgate back on to the tailgate, and bolted it back to the Brat. Tailgate works right again!

Lengthened the headers to just past the trans xmember, so I can drive it without worrying about dropping a valve :banana: Its Waaaaaaaaaay too loud, but it sounds awesome.

Put some half-rump roast mudflaps on the back (no bumper yet) so I could drive it around.

I also figured out what Im going to do about the lower radiator support, and Im going to be able to raise it about 3" or so when I fix it :banana:

Pics will come tomorrow :)

-Bill

Boy thats some list Bill - Can you tell me about the duel e-brake thing? Whats the purpose? Never heard of this before :)

Can't wait to see the pics tomorrow,

-Tom

The purpose of the dual E brake setup is to aid in offroad situations, its a separate lever for each front wheel, so when one wheel comes off the ground and I lose traction, I lock the spinning wheel with the E brake, which transfers all the power to the other wheel :banana:

It could also be handy for drifting/rallying, but I wont know until I try, I dont know of anyone using this setup for that purpose...

-Bill

Pics from this morning :banana:

The bumper is about half done, still need to make the pushbar portion of it and replace the lower radiator support. This bumper was a PITA to make, lots of angles, there are like 4 compound angles on each side. If I ever offer this style for sale, its not gonna be cheap

100_0164.jpg

100_0166.jpg

100_0167.jpg

And my temporary mudflaps, Ill make new, nicer ones when I make the rear bumper

100_0165.jpg

100_0168.jpg

More to come when I get more done

-Bill