Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ22 Swap in my GL10 problems

R4C

Well first off has anyone messed with a swap iin a gl10 with digital dash ? tach,temp? I am also having a problem with the car when it runs for awhile, it dies & then I can restart it & it will be fine . somtimes it also seems it get starved for fuel or almost like the car is running on two spark plugs . Then I yurn it off & back on again , then its fine. the swap was done right by northwest ralley Sports ,We got it running and I ran out of $

When it runs, does it run good/normal? Do you own a fuel pressure gauge?

You need to do exactily what I need to do, look at what the ecu see's. I think the non turbo version works now but check it out to be sure. Here is a link to a very simple scantool that uses the select monitor wiring (it doesn't matter if you chopped that connector off the wires you need come out of the ecu).

For the tach and temp gauge you need to find the cluster wires in your gl10 and hook the tach up to the tach wire (no difference 4cyl is a 4cyl) For the temp my understanding is you can hook the wire straight to your dash but the reading will be off. I remember reading about wiring in a resistor to correct it, do an "ej swap" search and you should find what you need.

There are numerous FSM scans around between here and legacycentral, if you can't find what you need about the cluster wires I have a 88 FSM I could scan for you as well as alldata and mitchell info.

Here is that link in case it didn't work:

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=16219

Yea , It starts , Runs, Performs Great ! It's just when I run it for awhile it acts up . I then turn the key off and about 5-10 sec later turn the key on and I'm Off. The Guy who installed it seems to think the fuel pump is overheating , So I was going to install a legacy pump ??

Yea , It starts , Runs, Performs Great ! It's just when I run it for awhile it acts up . I then turn the key off and about 5-10 sec later turn the key on and I'm Off. The Guy who installed it seems to think the fuel pump is overheating , So I was going to install a legacy pump ??

the legacy pump is in tank, so i would rather go with a aftermarket unit