Ultimate Subaru Message Board

15 inch rims and tires getting hard to find

ivantruckman

I went to the local junk yard to find some 15 inch 6 lug rims, they don't have anything that old, i did find an Isuzu trooper however , so now i have 5 matched rims, with center caps, went to the tire store to find some mud tires. cant find anything in a 28 inch, nothing !!! , closest thing is a 29.5 x7 what now ?, 14 inch pugs are impossible to find here in the east. not to many options

I went to the local junk yard to find some 15 inch 6 lug rims, they don't have anything that old, i did find an Isuzu trooper however , so now i have 5 matched rims, with center caps, went to the tire store to find some mud tires. cant find anything in a 28 inch, nothing !!! , closest thing is a 29.5 x7 what now ?, 14 inch pugs are impossible to find here in the east. not to many options

27x9.50x15 Swamper SSRs. measure out closer to 28...

Try posting here for wheels. They sometimes pop up, or others may have them kicking around in a shed or otherwise. This is how I scored my 15s. Just a thought.

http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?showforum=15

This guy's got 6 rims in Kansas... Not sure how far that is from you.

http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1539

Edited by kilgore

You can buy 6 lug 15" rims new for about $35 (for 8 spoke white steelies). Summit Racing on line is where I got a set for my truck.

I've never had trouble getting 15" tires in just about any size I want (both my pickup trucks have 15" rims), but I generally go for snow tires... haven't tried looking for the off-road type tires. I think those are a bit harder to find than snow tires.

EDIT... I'm not sure what size the 15" tires I'm getting actually are in inches -- 205/75/R15 up to 235/75/R15.... you can convert them though and I bet the skinnier ones are near 28.

Edited by zyewdall

try to find tires for the 2010 legacy GT. That car comes standard with hi-performance summer only tires, in 18" size.

yeah, dumb move by subaru, not offering it with all season. wonder what they are thinking these days....

Tirerack brings up a bunch of snow tires in 225/45/R18. For around $190 each before installation.....

I agree though, a subaru without even all season's standard :rolleyes: ? The potenza RE92's that the 06 and 07 outbacks came stock with sucked pretty bad in snow or mud too.