Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi from montucky!

lol thanks for the warm welcome.. im sure ill be of plenty help and info to this site. As well as im sure ill get alot of good useful info from you all..

lift kit is next, as well as tires/wheels

a little background about me:

I started as a VW nut.. mainly early liquid cooled vw's (rabbits Jettas golfs sciroccos) and that is were my heart will always be. I have a 81 scirocco that is in the build stage process, soon to get fresh paint and a ridiculously powerful motor (its my SCCA car/ euro show car). I've had a few subarus, and loved every one of them. My subaru list started with an 85 hatch GL 4wd. but it had tranny problems and locked itself in 3rd gear. after that was many more VW's then i eventually got a 85 wagon subi 4wd. but it had a blown HG so i traded it to the JY for another 4wd hatch, it was the donor for my 81 coupe that i drive every day.

again thanks for the warm welcome.. Also expect some wierd crazy thoughts and builds done by me, i have access to some SICK CNC machining equipment, and plan on boosting my ea81 with an eaton. Im the mechanical type of person so getting down and dirty isnt a problem at all :banana:

Hey 81 ,

You'll love your Sube then , the older cars are simple as can be , and beg to be modified . Sounds like you are setup equipmentwise and knowledgable so let the fun begin .

I worked for many years on British cars of all kinds and had a shop for same . I'm retired now but still have a small repair shop I piddle around in to buy beans , beer and chase women ..... and play with my toys :) of course . I'm just kidding about some of that stuff hehe .

I'm new to the Sube line but so far having a ball with my old '82 Brat . I've got all kinds of ideas for the thing . Great cars ... wish I had found out sooner . I always thought they were a stationwagen for mom , dad , and the kids .... I didnt know what great offroad machines they are .

Bob

LIFT!!!!

Talk to Bill..(The Beast I Drive) he's a lift fabricator. There are also many other people on this forum that make them

SJR -Scott in Bellingham

Jeff - One Eye

and other that I can't think of offhand.

Welcome. old and slow is the only way to go man!

WOW about the boosted Rabbit. Um what fuel system are u running to get it to work. I dont see the braided stainless lines of CIS anywhere lol. Also love the coupe.

it was actually a MK2 Jetta.. 87 GLi to be exact.. it was running Digifant 1 from a 90's coraddo (came factory with the G-lader supercharger)

It ran 10psi all day long and made around 185whp.. it would eat a stock wrx all day long.. unfortunately it got sold to fund my winter car scooby build... i miss that jetta