Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Kia Sephia Sporty

The idea of using the Long Base Neo-Wedge T-3 Bulb is to let a small output (wattage) Bulb to illuminate the "D" (For Drive) indicator on the instrument Cluster's area for the Automatic Transmission's Shifter position Lights; so the Driver will not have a Powerful Light pointing to his / her eyes all the Time, and the indicator will be visible, because the tiny bulb is Nearest to the "D" marked plastic than the other "Standard" T-5 Bulbs for the other gears position indicators.

However, that tiny bulb trend to be the First to get burned by the normal use, so I wanted a Long Lasting LED Bulb there, without being too much Bright that could be a Blinding Light Spot, dangerous especially during night driving times.

As I Wrote before in early posts of this thread, I Build my Own Neo-Wedge long base LEDs...

DSC02117.jpg

...and I covered their single point LED bulb with a condom-like green Rubber, so the Light keeps green as the "D" indicator itself, but deep green than the other indicators with Rubberless T-5 Bulbs.

Something very Smart from the Kia Engineers is that when you Switch the Lights ON, the whole instrument Cluster Lights, including the Automatic Trans Gear indicator Lights, could be Dimmed using the Dimmer Knob; so there's No Blinding Light Spots at all!

The whole setup has more than two months working Flawlessly, the Tachometer Works and Also the White LED Bulbs illumination isn't very Bright to the Drivers' Eyes... Using the Dimmer Knob to Low position :D 

I Used Green T-5 LED Bulbs for the Left & Right Turn arrow indicators, so they Look incredibly Greener!

The Contrast is Beyond Awesome! :eek:

Photos will Never show how sharp it really looks, because Cameras will always distort a the image, due to the Brightness of the cluster.

Actually the total count Loss in Mileage is almost 20,000 Miles, 

because as you can see, the Old Cluster had 145,xxx Miles when I Removed it...

7LosDosJuntos1.jpg

...While the New one came with 125,xxx Miles as you can see in the Above Photo.

I Don't care too much about that because the 2003 Spectra engine on it, only has 70,000 Miles
(The Half than the Car) and also in Honduras there's No Laws nor legal regulations against that; people here doesn't care too much about the Mileage of the Car, they Care more about the Actual Mechanical Conditions, maintenancy and Shape of them...

My Only Concern about that 20,000 Miles lost was the Oil Change interval ...  ;) ... Beside that, let me tell you that I Was Tempted to do the Speedometer Swap between instrument Clusters, in order to keep the Original Mileage of the Body, but the Old Speedometer's fascia looks extremly Crowded, full of Numbers... The Kia Designers did a "Cleanup" in the New one, so I decided to Use the New Instrument Cluster as it came.

Now the "KiaStein" has more Resons to be Named like That, isn't it?

• 2 weeks later...

Years of Updating this Thread, almost without any answer nor comments and now this...  :banghead:  ...

Seems like Photobucket is Restricting the Monthly Bandwidth usage ...  :( ...

Now I Hate Photobucket, not only for that, but also their "New" System, plenty of Problems.

I'm So Sorry about that, is Beyond my will.

Kind Regards.

I just accessed my e-Mail and saw This:

(Linked from my Facebook account, so is viewable)

999542_549046151808084_1023667591_n.jpg

PHOTOBUCKET SUCKS!

Not only their "New" Software is a Real Nightmare (Which scrambles newly uploaded Photos with the Older ones in a Folder, and doesn't let you Search among your own Photos... thousands of them) Now they want Money to let their "Free" Account users to "View" the Photos... Too Bad. :(

Photobucket (free version) lets you create subdirectories to permit the sort ordering of photos according to content. 

If you want others (the ones who also have free accounts) to view your pics, you'll have to upgrade to Plus.  Your choice, of course.  This is because of the increased bandwidth. 

You can use another hosting site that carries no such restriction, but as you just revealed, you already have thousands of pics.  (I don't have that many, and I didn't receive that email you talked about.)

Too bad.

Yes, I've Uploaded (Literaly) Thousands of Photos, organized in Sixteen Albums and some Sub-Albums in my Photobucket Account, which already has Ten Years Old... (I signed in in 2003) ...I Remember how Easy it was to Use it then, but the size was restricted to 640X480, then became 800X600 ... I was Happy with their 100 GB monthly Bandwidth, which decreased to 25 GB in 2008 and Now is Only 10, since FOX owns Photobucket and they're Tryin' to merge it with Myspace, or competing with Facebook somehow...

The way you saved that screen caption and uploaded as "Unpopular" makes me think in many different things ...  :unsure: ...

Kind Regards.

Here's an example:

This photo is from photobucket.  You should probably be able to see it.  Since I didn't get that email about going over the bandwidth, you'll probably see it again tomorrow.  If I did get it, you'd see it once and then you won't the next day.  It's also a kind of test for myself.

This is my car, 1999 Subaru Forester.

P1010368.jpg

• Like 1

I'm a newbie here, so nobody knows me here.  Worse, there's a guy who won't reply to me after I'd posted a "wanted" post, he answered it, and I made an offer, and he never replied back.  Well, I'm getting it from ebay instead.

Edited by MDOC7

• 1 month later...

Yes, my "BumbleBeast" and my Wife's "KiaStein" ... all my Cars has Names, including my '69 Mercury Comet Sports Coupe...

I'm a newbie here, so nobody knows me here.  Worse, there's a guy who won't reply to me after I'd posted a "wanted" post, he answered it, and I made an offer, and he never replied back.  Well, I'm getting it from ebay instead.

Best way to contact anyone here directly, is using the Private Messaging (PM) Function... 

Don't forget that everyone starts here as Unknown Newbies, you build your own path.

There are Lots of New Mods and Photos I've done to my Cars,

but I Stopped posting here since Photobucket restricted their Bandwidth.  :( 

Please see this Thread for Further Details:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/139920-photobucket-sucks-a-rant-about-picture-hosting-woes/

Kind Regards.

• 3 weeks later...

Lately, I've seen Many Huge Korean cars around the Town;

like the Hyundai Equus, or the Kia Quoris.

523967_567223736656992_990177958_n.jpg

By the Way, the Kia Quoris is based on the Huge K9 Platform

Do not confuse it with the Kia Cadenza which is Built on the Smaller K7 Platform.

Kind Regards.

► Edit: Underlined words are Web Links for further info.

Long Time Ago, my Father gave me as Birthday Gift, a pair of Good Quality Daylight Running Lights, each set had Eight SMD High Power Output LED Lights in 5000K temperature colour; they came in Plastic housing, shaped as Thin and Wide Halogens.

03-DaylightRunningLamps.jpg

I had no use for them, 'till I noticed that the HeadLamps' Polycarbonate lens were Yellowish, not only from outside but from the Inside ... :eek: ... and I had to disassemble them in order to Polish and clean them from inside out.

As you can see, their interior were inmaculate.  :D 

So, when I finished Polishing, I remembered those LED lights stored in the Shed, and said to myself: "Why Not?" ... So I Cracked their Housings and Removed the LED's plastic stripe and its Wiring, figuring out a way to adapt it inside the Headlamps... 

In Honduras Daylight running Lamps are only required legally during Rainstorms, otherwise is not needed to drive with the Lights "On" during Daytimes.