Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Kia Sephia Sporty

That was a Superficial paint job, only fixing some dings and dents; but I liked the Results.

However, this inspired me to do with this KiaStein, what I did with my Subaru BumbleBeast years ago;

to do a body restoration and a Complete paint Job, as it should be; due to three situations:

1) the original paint was really scratched and faded after more than two decades, also it has dings and small dents.

2) during this awful Pandemic times there's not many places where we might go safely nor we want to travel...

3) to get Rid from the Horrid Purplish-Blue that the factory painted this Car...

As always I wanted an innovative colour for it, something more like a Sky Blue but my Wife is very Formal...

She wanted the car to be as Dark as Possible, withouth changing too much the colour.

• Like 1

These images are self explanatory, so no further words are needed; but I wan to add that I also prepared all the undercarriage to be painted with a Special "Anti-Gravel" paint, just like the interior. While I was preparing the undercarriage, I decided to add extra anchor points for the Rear Bumper, so it gets firmier, attached better to the Body. Here are a couple of Photos, prior to paint the Undercarriage:

sQ7asJ4.jpg

KpHqcqf.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

A fresh paint wasn't enogh to bring back life to the "KiaStein" as the old HeadLamps were yellowish and lost their transparency beyond all repairs, if fact I polished the old ones several time but they looked plain Ugly with the fresh paint, so, that was time for a New Set of aftermarket Headlamps.

TMyNEN4.jpg