Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Kia Sephia Sporty

For some weird reason, Kia made that a Double Din sized unit, fits nice and perfect on the Dashboard, But the unit does not sit flat as it should; the space and provided screws' base, is intended to let the Head Unit face inclined to the up side a little, instead; so, I had to cut a little line from the upper plastic at the Dashboard's cover opening, in order to let see completely the head unit.

aNYZq6g.jpeg

I reinforced the back of the plastic, using a tiny metal wire,

covered with strong JB Weld epoxy compound.

xv38gWT.jpeg

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

To install the reaer view camera properly and safely, I removed the Plastic frame that the "KiaStein" has on the trunk's cover, for the Licence Plate; it is made of thick ABS plastic, so is safe to drill a couple of tiny holes for the two 3/16" screws that I wanted to use, as they're the thicker that fits on the camera base, with little help.

Eoa6LCQ.jpeg

I used this screws' Set with locking nuts:

Z6qSMo7.jpeg

This is how the installed nuts looks, they'll be hiding inside the trunk's metal, there is plenty of space.

b2eXuNd.jpeg

The under side:

3i5T6k3.jpeg

The Head unit performs Great, everything promised works as it should, plays .mp3 and .wma songs from the micro SD card, also movies in various formats including matroska .mkv and many different compressors of .mp4 videos so, it is astonishing; the rear view camera works Flawlessly everythime the transmission lever is moved to reverse, idependently from whatever the head unit is doing or if it is off, the Screen shows the rear of the car in 1080P sheamessly.

Nevertheless, I really disliked the way that the internal equalizer manages the sound, mainly the Bass sounds; so by turning off the internal equalizer, I can use a "Bass" and a "Trebble" old fashioned controls that lets out a better sound but still, lacking of enough bass.

Well, this is some sort of amplified tablet, that maybe is already doing too much for little money; so, I decided to do the same that I did on my beloved Subaru "BubleBeast" years ago: to install a self-amplified Sub Woofer in the Trunk, as the sound is really clear only lacking enough bass, in my own humble opinion.