Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Midwest Subaru Meet-April 24th and 25th starts 24th at 11AM

Y'know Tim, I doubt you'd count it as an outing unless you got stuck. Sure would like to see a pic, just to confirm the visualization in my mind:lol: :lol: .

Glad to hear a good time was had by all, would have been fun to watch.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dave, I believe this is your brat in its parking spot:

milesfox-trashwagon6; shawnw; mcbrat; unknown from des moines; eyesore-eyesore:

?; vicroo-drtygrl; subiemech85-trashwagon7; dave valiant; ?;

:dave valiant; ?; ?; I don't know everyone's names

It was fun!!

the above is a description of the pics I tried to upload

I just got home safe and sound. Sorry to here that all the cars are still stuck in the mud. It was really a bad scene!! I wish I could have stayed around to help out longer. It really stinks that the cops came. I hope everyone gets there cars out of there with the least amount of damage. On a lighter note my family and I had a great time and got to meet some of the greatiest Subaru people in the world.

Joe

I am home but my Brat is not. I am not absolutely sure my Brat will be at my home residence ever again. With plans to move to Denver and my family being 2 hours away the thought is to tilt trailer it the 2 hours to my folks Bobcat dealership and hopefully fix it someday. Only God knows how much damage the vehicle will suffer in being drug out of the mud.

We have the possibility of HUGE trouble here as the county may bill us for the damage to the road. No word on that. Along with the prospect of an ungodly amount of money that it may cost to retrieve the vehicles.

After we all got stuck I decided to hitch a ride back to Joy's parents house with my parents and stay the night there and drive her Honda CRV back to have a vehicle to drive all the stuck people around in and try to make a plan.

At this point the plan is to wait for the weather and the farmers to align with one another and pray for an inexpensive way out of the Gumbo road for our Vehicles.

This will go down as the most memorable Subaru event IN HISTORY.

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO MCBRAT FOR GETTING HOME UNDER HIS OWN POWER. LSD got him home this time the right front and left rear axles are both destroyed along with the transmission.

The awards for the meet were never presented. I am hoping to make some for everyone. Im also hoping to talk Mick into making additional decals to add to the existing ones for those of us that "suffered" thru this meet. A SURVIVOR sticker to add will probably be just the ticket.

I was having a very nice time with everyone until the disaster unfolded and thank everyone for coming and congratulate all of you that made it home.

Glad you had fun! Once my car is home safe, I'll be able to look back on it fondly. Right now I'm still stressing a bit. So what exactly happened with the cops? I've gotten bits and pieces...Apparently one of the cops owns one of those farms and basically told everybody to bugger off till it's dry? is that a correct assessment? Nobody got "busted" or anything, right? Ahh, what a fiasco. Glad to hear those that could, have made it home safely.

Lets also not forget Vickaroo was amazing getting out under her own power too along with 88XT6Joe and Dave Valiant but Micks was amazing in my mind cuz he tried to rescue people, managed to pile all kinds of crap in the vehicle and the Brat sounded TERRIBLE driving all the way home. Fuel pump kept shutting down and stalling out and we got good at stopping and getting it going and getting on the road again.

Everyone involved really has pulled together very well just gotta get thru the rest of this week and see what unfolds.

Tim would have gotten out too, but being the incredible guy he is, he killed his own car trying to tow others out. I'm wondering if once things dry, if some of them won't be able to drive themselves out? I don't know what they looked like today after being left to "sink" overnight.

Hey Shawn,if the county does fine us how are we going to pay for it?Will we set up an emergency donation fund?I will be willing to donate as I was one of the people who helped cause the damage,but with my wife and I getting seperated money is super tight,but I will figure out a way to help pay.Dave.

Who has pictures? I am going to be making an album with public access on the USMB gallery for anyone that has images of this.

http://usmb.net/gallery/album229

USMB members can go there and login using

Login: usmbguest

Pass: usmb

Both are lowercase. This album is only for the East Coast Subaru Show pix, not just of people getting stuck but of all the fun that was had as well :)

-Brian

DaveV: I don't know how we are going to come up with the money or handle it yet but it all depends on how much it is too.

EVERYONE: If anybody sees or talks to Kurt before I do, I have his clean shoes here in Iowa City. :-\ Kurt's cell phone was completely dead I believe.

I'm home an unpacked....

my right front axle finally gave out totally as we were leaving the county, and I had the fuel pump die on me twice, and the left rear axle either give up, or just pretend. straight roads helped a lot. actually was a lot smoother once the front axle totally gave out... :)

then the rear one was acting up. "jumping around" is how Shawn described it as he followed me, and the rattling in the trans got worse and worse. it's extremely loud right now... and many pops and cracks as it moves....

I have some pics. will try to get a page up tomorrow of them.....

no close ups of the mud though.

Tim and I both tried to get turned around to help out RedLance in the Van, but I got stuck turning around, and fried my clutch, then I finally got free, and got to the van where Tim already had him hooked up, and started to pull him. there was no way I could get turned around again, so I crawled out the way we came in, and went to the other end where the other 3 came out...

I think there is 9 from our group stuck yet (4 got out) and one of the would be rescuers in a big truck blew something too, and his rig is stuck out there....

You know that without pics, none of us are gonna believe any of it. ;) LOL

The stories sound like it was nuts!!! NOBODY shot video of it??? I'm SOOOO jealous you guys got to get into some crazy stuff like that.

Are any of you guys locked/welded in the rear? I'm telling you, it makes the lsd seem like an open diff. . . I've come to believe.

Was anybody wearing swampers? Come-alongs and winches? Jacks, shovels? You know the Hatch Patrol (probably mostly me) is gonna give the group some smack for not bringing recovery stuff. :)

God I gotta see what got so many Soobs stuck!!

EZ

PICS!

PICS!

PICS!

PICS!

video??

I will ante up too.

Could've been one of them stuck out there myself. Was wanting to go, just didn't have the time. Darn it!~!~!

That "mud" sounds like some really nasty wet clay. Got a few places around here with it. When wet, it's just plain mean stuff, and it dries up like concrete.

I'm pulling for those still caught in the goo. To bad it's so far away, (10+ hour drive), got a John Deere 544D Load-All at my disposal. That should get them out. Just no-way to get it there.

Good luck, Guys!!!!!!