Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Subaru Owner in Denver

Hey Everybody! I'm buying my first Subaru in the next few days and I'm really excited! I'm looking at '08 and '09 Legacy Sedans. I want to ask about how much the certification is worth on a certified pre-owned vehicle but I don't see the proper forum to ask it in. Can anyone help me with the correct forum?

Thanks!

each dealer will have their own policy rules, in how they handle a claim, what they cover, what they dont cover. best to visit with them in much detail and ask lots of questions and find out what they cover. they should have documentation, read the fine print, that is the policy. Don't just take the word on it, read what is printed, and documented. If it is not on the document, then they are not going to cover it, thats how it works. Unless you have then write additional coverages, signed by the agent.

Denver is a "Mecca" of Subarus. you should have no problem locating a plethera of cars, dealers, and also good prices, although the snow season is upon us and that means they fetch a premium now. spring and summer in Denver, the AWD cars are cheaper, in winter everyone wants AWD so the premium is to be paid. I did live there for 8+ years. Thats my 2 bits

Good luck

Don't forget Craigslist, Burt Subaru, and of course, the one down in the springs famous for the cheapest Subarus, you can get a Brand new one there for less than a used one. that place is http://www.heubergermotors.com/index.htm worth the time to look at what they have, and check new prices vs used. You may be able to get into a new one for price of a 08 would be.

Edited by bheinen74

Answering your question about certification for pre-owned. I do not know that there is a charge for that. There is a strict set of requirements to be certified. Has to have OEM parts. Basically, it has to pass an inspection and be brought back to factory spec on all safety items.

You should not have a problem finding the car you want in Denver.

The cost of it being a certified pre-owned is different from state to state. In Washington it will make it worth almost top dollar.