Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No cup holders

Now that the brat is running it is going to be my commuter. I have been putting 400 miles a week on my baja for way to long. I took it to work today and found a few things that need to be addressesd. First and most important is, I have no cup holders!

I am going to buy some of those ones that hang on the door. It will work for the short term. Does anyone have any good way to add cup holders to the car? It is a 84 brat with the 4 spd.

Between the legs, or between the 4WD shifter and the e-brake. :)

Seriously there's not much you can do about the cup holder situation without causing damage to the interior somewhere.

My solution - drive a gen 1 Legacy as a daily. Cheaper to drive and easier to find parts for - plus I won't give a hoot if someone runs into me.

GD

My solution - drive a gen 1 Legacy as a daily. Cheaper to drive and easier to find parts for - plus I won't give a hoot if someone runs into me.

Tru Dat.

Rocking a 93 legacy L, with a flat black hood, hood pins, and oxidized maroon paint,with black steel wheels...

Besides if someone does run into me and the car is totaled(engine still good) the engine will live on in my 84 wagon...

:lol: I love this topic... it pops up every so often... and sorry to copy but I can't pass up this opportunity:

That's what girl friend (wife) is for!

on the serious side I found a small soft sided cooler, tipped it on its end with opening up against the back of the seats facing forward.. With the top flap pulled back and wedged in behind the seats so it makes a little cubby box. After I shift I just reach back and nap the cup/bottle. The box is leaning back so it cups stay back and if they spill the fluid stays in the container... not perfect but it worked.

I found the soft sided small cooler at a garage sale for $1. so price was right.

Ha ha...

I also get a charge out of seeing this topic come up again.

(Nice to know others are driving their GEN 2s enough to need cup holders!)

:banana:

I dont have the picture any longer, but I made a single cupholder that hooked onto the top leading edge of the glovebox door.

Close the glove door on the hook, and it is quite stable!

Where is your ash tray? Mine is on the top of the dash. I just remove the tray and wedge my morning coffee in the hole.:) Only trouble is the heater control linkage is under there. Occasionaly when I have a slow morning (brain still not functioning) I flick the heater control and the linkage sends the cup flying!:eek:

Having this issue arise in my volkswagen corrado I found a solution used by many others. The volkswagen passat cup holder. Here is all the info you need: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://passat.stoynev.us/mods/cupholder/B4_cupholder_open.JPG&imgrefurl=http://passat.stoynev.us/mods/mk3_cupholder.html&usg=__YIUUOuDiwBJZqsWs5fH7dLTvmiY=&h=480&w=640&sz=85&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=GNANhdFZfui75M:&tbnh=103&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpassat%2Bcup%2Bholder%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

A bit pricey though. Might be able to find it cheaper anywhere else besides the dealer

Edited by Pennies Earned

Between the legs, or between the 4WD shifter and the e-brake. :)

ZING! I do the same! Although shifting gears with a Taco bell cup between the legs can be messy at times.

If it doesnt fit between the shifter and ebrake, I put it between my bag and the back of the passenger seat.

I believe McBrat has bike cup holders screwed on his doors..

-Justin

i dont know what the interior of the brats look like compared to my loyale, but this is what i did... http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=103792&highlight=holder

got a slide out cupholder from the junkyard, had to modify the radio bracket and facia, works good. since my amFM radio only has 5 presets, i really only use 2 of them anyways. so it works out well for me.

Pics from my wifes old 86 T-Wagon. Yeah, I know....it was pretty dirty :rolleyes:

EA82cupholder1.jpg

cupholderwag.jpg

I used the same console cupholder in my RX.

cupholderRX.jpg

I dont have any pics of the ones in my Hatch yet, will soon tho.

I have one of the door/window hook types stuck into the crack between the center radio console and the heater control panel.