Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Old Subaru's from little Iceland

two questions

The guy drifting the light grey wagon.How did that end?

Why was the bus crossing the river?

R U talking about the green wagon?

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn23/gugni/Myndir051.jpg

The tire came of the rim, and he stopped, and they changed the tire and kept on powersliding :D

And the Bus is crossing the river cuz it's a road from/to Landmannalaugar in Iceland. Google "Landmannalaugar" for pics ;) U wont regret it :D

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great pictures friend , hope you don't get tired of hearing that ! i watched the entire slide show , that is some amazeing stuff . are the pictures with the vivid green in the sky " altered " ...or is that what you saw with your eyes ? love those old subies ! wish my wagon was 4wd , it would look like some of those in iceland - or washington ! stay warm buddy , thanks - murph

great pictures friend , hope you don't get tired of hearing that ! i watched the entire slide show , that is some amazeing stuff . are the pictures with the vivid green in the sky " altered " ...or is that what you saw with your eyes ? love those old subies ! wish my wagon was 4wd , it would look like some of those in iceland - or washington ! stay warm buddy , thanks - murph

The Green Vivid in the sky is called "Northern Lights" or "Aurora Borealis" and appear when it's cold and clear outside. Electric particles from the sun, burning up in our atmosphere... Or something like that. Google is your friend ;)

And no, the pix not altered...

thats it, I'm moving to iceland. I've always wanted go there. The pictures just sold me on it.

How much is rent for an apartment or a house over there? say 1 or 2 bedroom? also whats the price of gas per gallon?

and the last and most important question, how much is a pack of smokes over there?

lol

I think Kristjan will tell you that life is not cheap there but the average wage is a lot better too. Better hone up your fishing skills bro, Its a major industry there.

Glad to hear I'm not the last smoker in this world too. Although it feels like it sometimes. Can't even smoke in my own damn house anymore!:mad:

I think Kristjan will tell you that life is not cheap there but the average wage is a lot better too. Better hone up your fishing skills bro, Its a major industry there.

Glad to hear I'm not the last smoker in this world too. Although it feels like it sometimes. Can't even smoke in my own damn house anymore!:mad:

well thats good that fishing is a major industry over there. I'm an alaskan commercial fisherman. did that basically since I could crawl. I seriously might get an airplane ticket and fly up there to check it out.

well thats good that fishing is a major industry over there. I'm an alaskan commercial fisherman. did that basically since I could crawl. I seriously might get an airplane ticket and fly up there to check it out.

Bring us back a bumper sticker!!

And no, your not the only smoker left. I smoke (2nd hand) Hell New York you can't smoke outside, nor in your own car! Whats with that bullhocky?

WI you can smoke were ever (Just not in stores or Doctor offices lol)

-Tom

Last time I went to Switzerland they even had ash trays in the bank! Amazingly there was no sign of any cigarette stubs or any trash on the streets. Very clean. Just a lot of ashtrays outside shops and trash bins.

Two years ago my wife and I went to Amsterdam in the Netherlands. Our first lunch in a restuarant was so wierd. Everyone was smoking inside still. We felt so naughty lighting up after eating. But it was good:D

Sadly today even the mighty city of Amsterdam adopts the no public smoking rule. I'm sure they still have pot cafe's so I'm not sure how that works. Maybe because its not tobacco.

going off topic here with the whole smoking thing but i have severe asthma and i think i should be allowed to go to the store or to a restaurant without having my lungs close up because someone wants to smoke...

just my perspective :)

-kelsey

I too have Asthma and used to take Advair 50/100, but I stopped taking it because I said F it. I now take a puff or two of my Primatene inhailer once a day or so. So smoke doesn't bother me but cat dander and dust kinda does. Smoke is good for you, my dad smokes everyday and he can run and chase my rump roast like a bat out of hell! Its insane. he can out run me WTF!

Whats funny is, I can bust my rump roast anf breath just fine, but when I go to bed I need to take a puff sometimes casue it feels a little tight.

Cig smoke is good for you, just like Carbon, Exhaust, carb cleaner, paint ect.. I have inhailed that stuff al my life being around garages and such so nothing phazes me lol.

Ok back on topic! Where are the Subaru pictures?

-Tom :)

well i don't really have the option to say F it.

i, as well as many others, can't breathe around it.

I understand what you are talking about, I used to been worse when I was younger. But I guess its kinda fading out a little as I got older. I have some attacks back when I was younger, I had to go to the ER and smoke the peace pipe (Thats what they called it too lol) Never really scared me, I understood WTF was happening and how to deal with it. I only could take like sips of air from each breath all the way there (Dad driving) That was a pretty bad attack...

-Tom :)

ROWR, FFFFFTT!!! FFFFFFTT!! :-p

I'm with Kelsey on this one.

I got asthma, not by genetics, but by chicken pox :eek:

And my lungs are EXTREMELY sensitive.

But I must give a :headbang: to Tom for the Primatene inhaler, that is mine as

well, as I'm allergic to sulfur (albuteral sulfate).

Back on topic, I bet there is a lot more aftermarket support over there for

the older subes, than there is here in the US.

Can you give us a glimpse of the IDM (Iceland Domestic Market) stuff you

got over there?

Like engine specs, tranny specs, model years (IE how long was the BRAT

available), and good stuff like that :)

Thanks again for giving us a glimpse!

Twitch

PS ASTHMA SUCKS!!!

I would think that Iceland would have simular Subaru specs and Aftermarket availability as the EDM vehicles as Iceland/Greenland are part or Europe, Correct? Or it it owned by the U.K goverment like AU and NZ?

-Tom

She's Not My Queen!

New Zealand and Oz are not owned by the UK. They used to be colonies of the "British Empire" many moons ago but the British government relinquished their rule over them along with all the many other colonies around the world.

The "Common Wealth" of Nations was established by the UK but membership is voluntary. It happens to include many of the old British colonies plus a fair few other countries including Canada I believe. Not sure if Iceland is part of it but it is part of Europe and a member of the EU.

Iceland has a President just like the USA have.

Dirk, thank you for the history and update on knowledge.

I didn't know Iceland had a President, it has to be alot better then our President (I'm not here to start a political fight, but thats the truth so far)

I think this thread should be changed to "Interesting facts about Iceland" and still post Subaru pics and also talk about the country :)

-Tom

Edited by TheLoyale

I didn't read half of the posts in the last couple of pages, offtopicthread hahah, but yeah, Iceland has a president and no we are not a part of the EU, but we are considering of dropping the icelandic currency (kr) and start using the Euro... We havn't decided yet...

This is the president and his house... people were joking that he bought him self a Civic, but he didn't HAHAH

16260_180970626591_699996591_3012966_754721_n.jpg