Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Have You Used Quinton Hazell Parts?

I'm ready to buy a water pump kit and the brand is Quinton Hazel. I'm wondering where they are made and if you have any experience with them.

This is the company that produces WIX filters and I like those.

Doug

Edited by Quidam
Correct spelling.

I work at a local car parts store (Repco) and we sell Quinton Hazel pumps. I'm not sure where they're from, but all the local garages around the area use them, with very little problems. In fact, I don't think I've ever warrantied one.

Bottom line:I'd use one.

Up until I retired , I wrenched on British cars and we used a lot of Quinton Hazel parts . Usually suspension stuff , wheel bearings etc . Was always good quality and no problems . Used a lot of Repco brake pads and parts too and they were top notch . I think they were made in the U.K. or Australia at the time . But that was a couple years ago and who knows where its sourced now ... LOL . It should say on the box . I'd tend to trust it though .

I bought a brand new W/P a couple months ago , made in Japan and it had the stamped impeller .... was a bit skeptical but it worked fine . Like GD says the originals are cast .

Before you slap it on ... compare the old and new pumps . Sometimes the pulley is pressed on the shaft at a slightly different height and the crank and alternator pulleys dont align up with it right . Not by much , maybe 3/32 to 1/8" but just enough to throw things off .

C-Bob

yeh , 12 bucks you cant go wrong with that price . I believe I paid 32 bucks for a new one for my Brat .

rxleone , I used to get Repco Deluxe brake pads from Worldpac in Southern CA when I had a shop there ... that was , lets see , about 5 years ago at least . Before I moved to Arizona , I must have used hundreds of them . So they quit making them ? Shame ... I had good luck with them over the years . I think they came out of Australia , right ? Ive used Ferodo too . And Lucas/Jurid ... were good , but they black dusted like hell on the wheels and some customers complained :(

ok , sorry , back to water pumps :)

cb

Here's what happened. I went to place an order at Rock/Auto, 8 items total and all ship from location Q. About $7.00 shipping.

Went to check out and a charge showed up for $32.00 freight for the water pump kit, from the U.K.l Nice try.:lol:

I didn't buy it. A Beck/Arnley pump is about $26.00, so not so bad.

Doug

Edited by Quidam
Add text.