Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BOSS Gen 1 BRAT/4wd lift kit Christmas Deal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

4" lift will be $350, 6" will be $450, Grade 8 USS hardware included, you will have to source 2 M12x1.25x30mm metric bolts to replace the 2 long bolts that hold up the front of the rear diff, but all the other stock bolts can be re-used. Shipping on the 6" kit is $70, I havent gotten a quote on a 6" yet.

-Bill

With everything you make you think you would do up some beefy skidplates also.

Well, I dont have the Hydraulic plate-break running yet, none of the tractors we have are operable right now, and thats the hydraulic supply for the press...

Hey Bill do you have any built

I dont have any on the shelf ATM, it will be a month or more before I get back to making Gen 1 stuff... Maybe sooner, depending how things are going.

-Bill

6" lift would require the same mods as for the 4", just done to fit the bigger lift. New radiator hoses, new heater hoses, prolly some new vacuum lines, lengthen the steering link, new brake hoses, and modify the shifters and exhaust. I will have pics of how I modified my shifters and steering link soon for the 4" lift.

-Bill

• 5 months later...

Ok,

Napa part number 36725 its for an Opel.... its about 17" long compared to the stock length of 12" or so. I will have my hoses in on Friday and will confirm that they fit. Then to the shocks.....

Confirmed! They Fit perfectly, requires NO bending of the existing tubing....

-Daniel

Edited by danrenfroe2016
cause

6" lift would require the same mods as for the 4", just done to fit the bigger lift. New radiator hoses, new heater hoses, prolly some new vacuum lines, lengthen the steering link, new brake hoses, and modify the shifters and exhaust. I will have pics of how I modified my shifters and steering link soon for the 4" lift.

-Bill

Please send the stearing link soon.... thats my big hangup...

-Daniel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm working on a 1981 Brat gl and would like to lift it. Looks like you do a great job on the lifts, but my problem is I live in WV and I can only list it 3 inches and keep it road legal. Do you think you might do any 3 inch kits, and if not, could you sell me some plans for making them? I can make my own I'm pretty handy at fabricating myself, and I was thinking of trying it anyway, but it would be nice to bypass unforeseen mistakes, and since you've already done it, you know what to look for. Everything looks easy except the strut tower and rear tube mount.