Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BOSS Gen 1 BRAT/4wd lift kit Christmas Deal

Well, still no bolts yet :mad: so I am quite irritated over that, hopefully they will arrive before new years though. The lift blocks are finished though :banana:

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

The strut blocks are marked with a P and a D (passenger side, Driver side) and an arrow that should point to the front of the car when installed. Most of the other blocks are completely interchangeable left or right, any that arent will be marked. I will get this kit on the scale tomorrow and get a shipping quote and then its just a matter of waiting for my damned metrics to come.

-Bill

Well, still no bolts yet :mad: so I am quite irritated over that, hopefully they will arrive before new years though. The lift blocks are finished though :banana:

The strut blocks are marked with a P and a D (passenger side, Driver side) and an arrow that should point to the front of the car when installed. Most of the other blocks are completely interchangeable left or right, any that arent will be marked. I will get this kit on the scale tomorrow and get a shipping quote and then its just a matter of waiting for my damned metrics to come.

-Bill

what bolts ( size and length and pitch )do you need?

what bolts ( size and length and pitch )do you need?

They are in transit, they just have not arrived yet. They are Metric bolts, an assortment of M10x1.25 and M12x1.25, I plan on including all new Metric bolts to replace most of the old ones that get removed when the kit is installed, the bolts I ordered are EXACT replacements for the factory bolts (lockwasher and flatwasher pressed onto shank, smaller JIS heads) and are aparrently VERY hard to get, at least in my area...

For the most part you *could* re-use all the bolts that get removed, with the exception of the 2 that hold the front of the diff, the stockers are about 4 1/2" long, and with the lift they need to be about 1" long.

-Bill

I'll pick mine up from you after new years. Great work bill! You should send out some decals with the kits so we can represent BOSS lift kits.

-earl

Ok, shipping will be $70 anywhere in the lower 48. Im PM'ing ya'll my Paypal info now :banana:

Scott, how do you wanna do the trade?

-Bill

I'll pick mine up from you after new years. Great work bill! You should send out some decals with the kits so we can represent BOSS lift kits.

-earl

Well, I would, but I dont have any made up yet. But I do have some in the works, Im thinking of mailing them out to ya'll free when I get them made :banana:

-Bill

Well, Im done with Fastenal. Bolts came in yesterday like they said, but they were not even close to what I ordered. Im extremely sorry that this has taken so long, but Im going to ship the kits next week with or without the metric bolts. What I will do is send the kits with the Grade 8 USS bolts, and when I get my Metric bolts from a different supplier I will send them in a separate package, no extra charge, I'll ship them at my expense. Im really terribly sorry about this, I was hoping to have these shipped a long time ago, but I cant control the vendors I have to deal with :mad:

-Bill

Well, Im done with Fastenal. Bolts came in yesterday like they said, but they were not even close to what I ordered. Im extremely sorry that this has taken so long, but Im going to ship the kits next week with or without the metric bolts. What I will do is send the kits with the Grade 8 USS bolts, and when I get my Metric bolts from a different supplier I will send them in a separate package, no extra charge, I'll ship them at my expense. Im really terribly sorry about this, I was hoping to have these shipped a long time ago, but I cant control the vendors I have to deal with :mad:

-Bill

Bill

I got all the body bolts if you need some help

SJR

• 3 weeks later...

-Bill

Bill,

Got a question... What do we do for lengthening the Rear shock? Thanks.

-Daniel

Bill,

Got a question... What do we do for lengthening the Rear shock? Thanks.

-Daniel

Take the stock shock to the parts store, and tell them you want one 4" longer. You might have to use a large hammer to beat the bumpstop mount out of the way to clear the new shock because it will be at a slightly different angle than stock.

-Bill

Take the stock shock to the parts store, and tell them you want one 4" longer. You might have to use a large hammer to beat the bumpstop mount out of the way to clear the new shock because it will be at a slightly different angle than stock.

-Bill

OK,

Hopefully I can find a Monroe Load leveler shock that will fit... That would be great for the rear. Oh Also, if anyone finds one that fits please post!

-Daniel