Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Brat DL vs GL

Can someone confirm whether or not the Gen2 Brats had different dashboards ?

Mine is VERY badly cracked and decided to go and buy a dashboard cover.

It seems I have a DL version and it doesnt appear to line up (seams and creases ) with my GL ????:-\

cheers

David

Can someone confirm whether or not the Gen2 Brats had different dashboards ?

Mine is VERY badly cracked and decided to go and buy a dashboard cover.

It seems I have a DL version and it doesnt appear to line up (seams and creases ) with my GL ????:-\

cheers

David

The dash assembly is the same, but the instrument cluster for the DL did not have a tach or oil pressure guage (or temp guage if I remember correctly). Just idiot lights for temp and oil.

The dash assembly is the same, but the instrument cluster for the DL did not have a tach or oil pressure guage (or temp guage if I remember correctly). Just idiot lights for temp and oil.

Sorry, too dark last night to get a good look at both Brats; just noted the difference in the instrument cluster.

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

see why its so confusing is there were (now I'm not saying this makes them rare or anything) factory special orders like Mine which was used on a ranch in CO. where they had six brats just alike white with blue vinyl intirer a vinyl floor no t tops a full gauge cluster with a factory winch bull bar and roll bar so' there were odd balls through in the mix

but this is almost common in aussie and NZ so was the two head light setup which they keep through 94 and we only got in 82