Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will 15" wheels fit a 2004 Forester XT

Vmax540

Will 15" wheels fit a 2004 Forester XT which has 16" P215/60R16 tires?

Looking to Buy 4 steel wheels or aluminum rims with a 5 bolt pattern to fit a 2004 Forester XT which has 16" P215/60R16 tires. If 15" wheels will fit let me know. Please send pictures and a price.

Thank you !

Chuck S.

Shippenville Pa. 16254

W 814 226-1595 M-F 7am-2pm

H 814 354-2687 Eve/Wknds.

chkinetics@csonline.net

NO

sorry, just wanted to make sure that got seen. the tire size will be similar to what you have now. But no factory 15" subaru wheel will clear the front brakes on a Forester Xt without modification.

there are some aftermarket wheels that will clear (many rally wheels, team dynamics, speedline, and others make them) however.

as a rule of thumb, Subaru puts the smallest size wheel possible from the factory (not always true, but for the most part).

Edited by Numbchux

• 1 month later...

Hey,

I know this is a little late on this thread but,,, I just went through the same thing so maybe we should update this. I found some nice 225-60-16s for my 2002 Forester (takes 215-60-16), I went to get them mounted and he said "no can do", he said the computer will read immediately that the size is different and your car will shift weird, brake weird and that I may also ruin my transmission.. I looked further and talked with more mechanics and they all agreed, you can not change the size of your rims or tires for that matter other than what is spec'd for the car from the factory.. Any further feedback is much appreciated, can't wait to hear.. Thanks..

Hey,

I know this is a little late on this thread but,,, I just went through the same thing so maybe we should update this. I found some nice 225-60-16s for my 2002 Forester (takes 215-60-16), I went to get them mounted and he said "no can do", he said the computer will read immediately that the size is different and your car will shift weird, brake weird and that I may also ruin my transmission.. I looked further and talked with more mechanics and they all agreed, you can not change the size of your rims or tires for that matter other than what is spec'd for the car from the factory.. Any further feedback is much appreciated, can't wait to hear.. Thanks..

those guys are on crack. it won't do anything. those tires are 0.4" taller... the computer will not only work fine with the size but it also won't be able to tell that anything is different.

sounds like this shop is trying to sell you new tires. Just go to a different shop.

note, you didn't say if you got all 4 tires. i'm assuming you have a set (of 4) 225/60/16 tires. if you mix and match tire sizes then you will run into problems. If they are all the same tire (brand, model, size, and wear) you should have no problems.

this also has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. but that's fine...:rolleyes: